Me, Him and The Apocalypse (10)

*Five*

"That Dolores sure is a beauty." Klaus laughs as the others talk loudly asking questions all at once. I rub my face, "Just shut up already. Yes Dolores is a real person yes we are married and have been for over 40 years." I stand up still holding Dolores in my arms. I looked at Luther who looked ashamed, "I'll deal with you later." I spatial jumped into the main room calling for Grace and Pogo. They walked in concerned and began helping her. "Be careful please." I beg Grace and she nods walking off with her into the medical room. 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, the time is going by and Grace won't let me in to see her. I walk into the main room, "Listen here space monkey, why'd you lock her up?" Luther looks at Lila and she puts her hands up in defense. "She isn't who you think she is Five. She's a murder, cold blooded murder, she's worse than you. She's done more fucked up shit than you could imagine." I just laugh at her useless words, "I've done fucked up shit to, we all have. Why does it matter what she did?" Lila crosses her arms scoffing and standing up. "Because she isn't who you think she is, she's changed. Why is she really here, she could be trying to kill us for all we know." I look at Lila with a blank expression, she just sighs looking down. "She's the one who got you stuck in the Apocalypse in the first place. She also left you in there while she left to go have a better life. She's the reason you were alone in there." I hadn't thought about it that way, I mean 3 hours ago she was dead but now she's alive and suddenly appears, why? I hear a weak, psychotic laugh from behind me. I turn around to see Grace trying to lead her away. "No, she should stay. We have a few questions for her." Dolores stretches sitting down on the couch, Grace puts a blanket over her. "What happened? I thought you were dead." She laughs rolling her head back and rubbing her neck. "Well not physically. Basically, the handler came to make a deal, I said yes and here we are." So she made a deal with the Handler, so she worked for the commission. "What was the deal?"

She walks towards me with a soft smile, only a few inches away from me. "I made a deal that if I worked a year with the commission. She'd go back and get you out of the Apocalypse and I'd have to wait awhile till I was allowed to see you.'' Her lips parted, her eyes dazzled and lit up like stars in a night sky. Believe me when I say that I have missed them deeply. "Why'd you make a deal?" She just laughs walking closer. "So, how old are you now Five?" I take a step closer rubbing the back of my neck nervously. "63 years old. How old are you now Dolores?" She punches my shoulder playfully, "You are an old man now I see." I just stare at her, looking at her face. "I'm 62, turning 63 tomorrow. Looks like you are finally older." We just stare at each other not saying anything. "15 year old body?" I ask breaking the silence. She plays with the trim of my shirt nodding, "Yeah, looks like we can finally live out our teen years together. For the second time." We both laugh loudly while she wraps her arms around my neck. I quickly wrap my arms around her waist pulling her into a tight hug. Someone clears their throat so we push away from each other. "Why'd you make that deal? I mean you left him alone for years, you didn't even know if you'd make it out alive, and you made a deal that would make Five think you were dead that's really fucked up." Lila says walking towards Dolores who just has a stern look on her face. "Because even if we never met again I knew he'd be safe, and out of the Apocalypse. I knew he'd make it home to his family even if I wasn't by his side. It was the best for him no matter how much it hurt me, I knew Five would live even if I died." She didn't take her eyes off mine at all, "Why would you sacrifice so much for him?" Allison asks nicely. Dolores laughs a bit, taking a step back and playing with her thumbs. "Well, I mean it was to die in the Apocalypse with Five repeating the same day and having no life OR allow Five to have his life back and be able to enjoy it. We make sacrifices for those we love, even if it destroys us, because we know that they'll have a better chance at surviving and believe me. I deeply love you, Five Hargreeves." ...