Broken Like me

(A/N: This episode is a ballroom dance for your toxic bestfriends birthday)

It was a late night party for my best friend's birthday. She told me about this boy she knew, Five Hargreeves or something like that. I was looking around and seen this cute boy, Brown hair, tall, dimples and a cute smile. I asked if that's him and she said yes and pushed me to go talk to him. I softly tap his shoulder he turns around and smiles "Hi, my names y/n." he puts his hand out shaking mine, "Five Hargreeves." After a few minutes of talking I whisper in his ear "Wanna go somewhere quiet so we can talk?" he nods at his friends and we start walking around. "Sure." I point to the most non busy place at the party. "By the bathroom we can talk." My confidence is wearing off as we slowly walk towards the bathroom. Awhile later after what felt like hours I asked "How do you know y/f/n?" He sighs looking down "My brother is friends with her." I look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Oh, You don't personally know anyone?" He laughs and says "These aren't my people and these aren't my friends." 

I smile as we continue to ask questions, he talks about his family and when he was finished I stared at him. I grabbed his face "I like that you're broken...Broken like me. Maybe that makes me a fool." I let go and back away embarrassed, and awkwardly laughed. "I like that you're lonely, lonely like me... I could be lonely with you.?" he smiles and I smile back, he says "There's something wholesome, there's something sweet, Tucked in your eyes that I'd like to meet." I chuckle at how awkward we both are. "There's something tragic but almost pure. Think I could love you?? but I'm not sure." I grab his face again looking into his deep green eyes ''I like that you're broken, broken like me, Maybe that makes me a fool." he grabs my face chuckling and smiling "I like that you're lonely, lonely like me, Maybe I could be lonely with you?" I pull away laughing and so does he. I hear my bestfriend calling my name and I shout "Over here by the bathroom'' Y/f/n walks up and says "Hey, Five." But, in a weird flirty way, He speaks in a frustrated tone. "Hey y/f/n, What a surprise seeing you here." she giggles and twists her hair and then hits his shoulder "You are so funny, Five." I then realized, she was using me to get to him. 

"We should hangout sometime, Maybe right now in my room?" She winked at him, he furrowed his eyebrows and smirked as if he was about to laugh. She purses her lips looking at me as if she wants me to go away. I turn away to leave and turn back to look at five one last time. Y/f/n had her arm wrapped around his and they were passing me to go into the ballroom. I smiled as he walked by and whispered "I like that you're broken, broken like me, maybe I could be broken with you.?" He seemed to have heard it but he continued walking her to the ballroom floor. He bows and then walks off to go talk to a guy with a scar wearing black tux, a girl in a yellow dress, A girl in a tux, a really big guy, and a guy in a cute pretty strawberry dress. I sigh knowing I have to walk by them to go outside. As I was near them someone grabbed my arm, yanking me by my hair. It was y/f/n mom, she looked at me and whispered, "Stay away from Five, that's f/ns man, he would never go for someone as ugly as you." She let go of my arm and shoved me a bit causing me to almost fall. I turned around in the verge of tears from being embarrassed, they were whispering about me with weird looks. 

So, I grabbed the bottom of the dress and bow, with a wave and then I felt my face turn warm, they all waved back as I slowly started to take my heels off and swiftly walk out the ballroom. I was outside taking a deep breath trying to understand the situation. After I finished my phone call with my friend about how I think I was being used by Y/F/N. I walked back inside and put my painful heels on while walking to the bathroom to clean my face and then I was ready to go back out to the ballroom. As I walked in, I saw five and F/N dancing but, five looked uncomfortable. I was sad for some reason but, I forced a smile. I sat down at the table by myself, so I kept forcing my smile and then letting it fade when I looked down. They stopped dancing and I stood up clapping like everyone else was. I looked at where five was going, the same table of people, y/f/n look at me pissed off but went to her mom. I was looking at the table on and off wondering if five liked her or not. I looked over for the 50th time before I got a call and I started yelling into it, hanging it up. When I felt eyes on me so I looked over and they were looking, faint whispers, I looked away embarrassed and I immediately stood up to leave, having to walk past them yet again.

I immediately started speeding out the door. Maybe I should just leave the party, maybe I shouldn't, "Don't let her get to you." I whisper repeatedly, I turn around and the guy who was In a strawberry dress was standing in front of me. "Who's getting to you?" I look up awkwardly smiling "No one." "I'm Klaus.. Klaus Hargreeves." "Oh, Fives brother?" "Yeah, why are you letting f/n all over your mans like that." I laugh loudly "My mans? Only in my dreams, we should go back, I don't wanna get yelled at again by her mom or my parents." I laugh so we both walk inside talking. He is a pretty cool guy. I walk him to his table and say with a chuckle "Nice meeting you, Klaus." I bow again dramatically. He throws his hand to his head and gives me his other hand dramatically. So I grab it and kiss the top, we both burst out laughing. The others looked confused. Five was concerned, whispering to the girl in yellow. Y/F/N grabbed my arm and pretended she was doing it gently. They looked at her with a smile as she spoke "Oh. I see you met y/n, She's a nice lovely girl, but you better be careful she could be ruining your life." She gives a cocky smile, I suck in my cheek and pull my arm away from her "Hun, I think you're confused. Aren't you the two faced bitch?" and the Hargreeves looked at us, y/f/n looked as if she was gonna cry but, I continued. "Weren't you the one who cheated on your boyfriends. Didn't you also pretend to be gay so people give you money. OH and aren't you a racist? Yeah, I found all the tea about you." Her jaw was practically on the floor, I watched as she stutters trying to defend herself.  "You're such a bitch." She shouts and stomps away.

 "I only tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but, the truth." I smile as she walks off crying. I started to feel bad but I was tired of being bullied and being forced to be her friend. I look back at the table with five and smirk with a dramatic bow. "Well, I'm gonna leave before there ends up being a physical fight and I end up dragging her." I spin on my heel going to walk off but Klaus stops me. "Wait, are you walking home alone this late at night?" I then realized I was going to need to walk home, I nodded my head yes sadly. "Well, yeah I am. I kind of just pissed off my ride." I go to walk off but I see Klaus stand up grabbing his stuff. "Wait for me, I wanna go with you. You're basically my new best friend." He jokingly whines jumping up. "Hmmmm. Okay I guess let's go. Anybody else wanna go or you guys staying here?" Slowly they all got up besides five and we all started walking away. We decided to get some actual food from Griddy's diner. It has been at least 2 hours of us talking and we still aren't even close to leaving. We are laughing and having a good time. The bell rings and Five walks in, exhausted.

I smile and say "Hey stranger, Welcome to Griddy's diner. What would you like to order?" He smiles and says "Coffee, Black." I get up and go get the pot of coffee. Agnes and I were close so she didn't care and trusted me. I placed it at the counter as he sits down. I walked off and sat with the others making jokes and laughing. It has been thirty minutes and five kept staring at me, the others noticed but didn't react. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." I look over smiling, he smirks and walks over sitting across from me. We continue talking and laughing, Five pushes his cup "Can I get more coffee please?" I grab the pot and walk over to brew more, he follows me into the kitchen and he says "So, back at the party you said you had a thing for me?" I grab his face gently, laughing. "I LIKE that you're broken, broken like me, maybe that makes me a fool, I LIKE that you're lonely, lonely like me, I could be lonely with you." He nozzles his head deeper into my hand, I let out a soft breath noise. He whispers "I like that you're broken, broken like me. Maybe that makes us a fool. I like that you're lonely, lonely like me, Maybe I can be lonely with you."

It has been a year since we met and 9 months since we started dating. Who knew that one late night party, two broken people would be together.