Strongest (3)

Aidan, who is now 28. He came out as Bisexual and Polysexual. He found an amazing man named Oliver and women named Emma that he's about to marry. I watch as she walks down the isle where Aidan and Oliver are standing. I watch them do their vows and think about my wedding with Five. I look behind me to the left and see someone standing there, quiet familiar. I slowly sneak off undetected and stand next to him. "I remember the day we got married." He whispers looking at me with a giant smile. I nod smiling, "I remember the ending of it." We look at each other for a moment. "I remember you walking down the isle. You were wearing that beautiful dress, and a giant smile that lit up the room. We were happy." I stare into his green eyes that lit up a bit, "We were." My smile slowly fades and the light in his eye disappears. I just look at him as he looks at Aidan with a smile. "A husband and a wife. Is that even legal?" We look at each other again, I shrug lightly "No, it's not legal on a marriage document but they all love each other so I don't think they care about what a piece of paper says." Five just nods, "He's so smart, funny, caring, when he loves he loves deeply, when he gets happy he gets that look in his eye, when he's sad you could just sense it, he's very good at sarcastic comebacks, and has a bit of an attuited problem." We laugh a bit as I look at him smiling. "He's just how My Five Hargreeves used to be." Five breathes deeply looking down at the ground, "What happened to us?" He whispers out and I look away staring at Aidan who was dancing with his husband. "You let your insecurities get in the way." I see Aidan's face who was filled with such happiness that I never wanted that look to fade. "I'm sorry you know." I sigh deeply looking at the ground. "After that day you guys came and you punched me really hard in the face, I thought about that look in his eyes. I broke his heart didn't I?" I look at Five's who's eyes were filled with tears. A tear falls down my face, "He wasn't the only one." I slowly start to walk off towards the ceremony where everyone else was.

I feel a hand grab my elbow and slowly pull back a bit. "Do you think I should go apologize? Or is it to late?" Five asks with a weak smile, I just shrug looking back at Oliver, Emma and Aidan. "He's not a little kid anymore Five, he's an adult. And so are you." I pull my arm away and slowly walk of putting my hand on my face wiping the tears. I sit down back where I was before and started clapping as I watched them do the cha cha slide. The song ends and Aidan looks at someone from behind me. I stand up turning around seeing Five standing there waving. Aidan looks at me, I nod towards Five. Aidan and I walk up to Five together. "Hey Aidan, good to see you found love." Aidan looks back at his husband and wife nodding. "Yeah I did." Aidan looks back at Five, I just stand their awkwardly. "Look I came here to say. I'm sorry I was such a shitty father. You deserved so much better than me, than everything I had put you through. You are amazing son, and I'm proud of you." Five look at Aidan as he tried not to show that he was about to cry. "Thank you." Aidan says giving Five a hug and then walking off. "I'm sorry Y/N. I am deeply sorry, I know you probably don't believe me especially after all the lies and pain I put you through. You are such an amazing parent, I'm glad Aidan had such an amazing role model to teach him. You did such an amazing job raising him. I am truly and deeply sorry for everything, if I could change things I would. I would've loved you more, have been more honest, I would've stayed because losing you was the worst mistake I ever made." I smile a bit looking into his eyes that I knew held deep regret, tears streamed down my face and Fives. "Well, you can't but thank you anyways." There was a look in Five's eyes, almost as if he had finally realized something. "Yeah I can't. Maybe in another life." Five takes a step closer to me as our faces were like a tsunami. "Another Life." I whisper deeply almost hearing the sound of my heart breaking which was a surprise because I didn't know it could break more. He cups my cheek lightly pressing a kiss to my forehead. "I did truly love you y/n, I was just to stupid to see it." He walks away quickly disappearing. My Five Hargreeves has been gone for years but just then, the look in his eyes and that tone in his voice was like he was here once again finally giving me the closure I needed. I finally watched My Five Hargreeves disappear and in that moment I knew it was time to finally let go.

Klaus had filled me in that the women Five had married lied to him, the boy wasn't actually his son. Once she had told Five that he helped find the boys real father and got a divorce. Five had been giving his stuff away for awhile, talking about how he was going to go somewhere happier and do 'what should've happened' I guess Five had been saying a lot of crazy things. They shrugged it off but I found out that Five had gone missing after the wedding. He never went back home, he was never found again. The Hargreeves think that he had finally killed himself or maybe pulled a disappearing act.  A part of me still loves that boy I had met so long ago. But as they say this is were the story ends sadly. I do not know anymore about him for he is gone somewhere in time. This is it, this is the end of it. Nothing else to be said about him for I do not have anything else to say. Not all stories have happy endings, not all stories end on a good note, not all stories...

Maybe, just maybe. Some how, somewhere I like to think that maybe he went back and changed everything. Maybe in a different dimension we are all a happy family. Is it bad if I hope that if he did go to a different place, I hope he is happy. Sadly, it isn't this dimension were we are together in a kitchen baking cookies with our child but maybe somewhere we are. Call me crazy or stupid but a part of me sometime still fantasizes about what could've been, if only he were stronger.