Worse

*I actually just coincidentally made Ronnie give her a butterfly bandaid last chapter, I had no idea that this was the next picture! Oh coincidences*

I whimpered softly as I shifted in bed. This was strange, where was I? This bed was much bigger than my bunk..? What had happened?

I had gone to the woods, it had happened, and then I walked back.

Oh, that's right, Ronnie must have brought me back to take a look and then let me sleep here. My head was pounding, it was like I had a severe hangover, though I knew it wasn't that.

The memories were so painful, so fresh, that they physically hurt me. Although it's probably just that He hit me so hard that I can still feel it. Of course I can still feel it, stupid!

I think I would feel it always, even when the purple and red faded to blue and black, and then to brown, and then to nothing. Even when the cuts healed and turned to scars, the memory of them would be enough to make it sting.

I think that people came into the room then, because I heard a creak that was probably the door opening.

"Holy shit!" Someone exclaimed. What? Did I look bad? Oh, of course I looked bad! I just woke up after all! Or, oh, he was probably just noticing the bruises.

I was too tired and in too much pain to hide it, besides, it was probably one of the band members, and I had no doubt that Ronnie had already told them.

"I know" Ronnie's voice said in reply.

"That needs a doctor!" someone, I think it was Ryan, said. I did my best to hide the way I stiffened at the thought.

"Shh, I know, but she'll never agree. It'll just scare her away. I need to keep her close, she's only just let me start looking at her face. And no doubt they hit her in other places, and do god knows what else. Oh-!"

Ronnie's voice sounded strained, as if he was getting angry as he imagined what else He did to me. He could only imagine.

"She lets you see?" Ryan asked, and it sounded like Jacky was whispering to Ronnie to calm him down.

"Well, I don't give her much of a choice. But I think she's unraveling slowly. I've got to get her to trust me, and tell me! But I don't know how I can do that" Ronnie said, sounding frustrated.

I wish he would just drop it already, if he kept poking his nose into it, shit, he could be killed! I'd never be able to live knowing that I caused his death. It would be.....oh god.

"She looks so worried and scared, even in her sleep" Jacky said, and there was silence, probably as all of them stared down at me in piteous torture.

Was it really that plain on my face? There to be noticed by all? Was I really that obvious? If I was, I'd need to work harder, I needed to hide it! Shit! I was so lost in my worries that I stopped listening to them talking.

Which is why, when one of them touched my arm, I jumped up quickly and let out a strange whimper-yelp, my eyes darting around fearfully.

I was overwhelmed now, there was too many questioning glances, too many curious people desperate to know my story. Well I couldn't tell them!

Couldn't they see, I had to go through it! I can't tell them, can't they understand? I can't tell them, or else, they might be killed! I couldn't tell them!

"I-I have to go" I stuttered, standing up cautiously, glancing quickly at everyone. Where was the best way to get away. I backed up against the wall, touching my hand to it to make sure it was there.