READ THE SEPARATE BOOK

****Im working right after school tomorrow so I probably won't be able to publish tomorrow, so I've taken it upon myself to write y'all another chapter. It'll probably suck and Im not sure how long it is really, but I hope you like it all the same ****

*Ryker*

I kept getting dragged deeper and deeper into the darkness, and eventually I just collapsed. The lake started getting rough, waves rolling in.

I barely stayed on the tube. But I didn't really resist. There was no way I could get out, so why bother trying to stay afloat? Maybe I could just drown and everything would be over for me. It should have been over a long time ago, but maybe now, maybe now I could be free.

A huge wave came rolling in, and it crashed against me, slapping my skin, making it sting painfully. I fell off the tube, and dunked into the water. This time, I don't know whether it was because I didn't try to swim or just because, I didn't automatically appear right back on the tube. Instead, I sank deeper and deeper.

I watched the surface get farther and farther away. I held in my breath for as long as I could, but eventually I gave in and breathed out. The bubbles blew out of my mouth slowly, and in each bubble I could see a certain person that I would miss. There was the FBI team in bubbles, and Max in another, and there was Ryan, and Derek, and Jacky. There was my nephew Owen, who I thought I had gotten semi-over by now, and my sister Ashley and brother August. And then there was Ronnie.

Seeing him made my heart break. I watched him float away towards the surface, to a place I couldn't follow. It made me sad, and tears started flowing from my eyes. They joined the bubbles, also including the guys that I would miss dearly. I reached out just before they flowed too far away, and I put my forefinger up against the bubble with Ronnie, and I popped it.

Then there was a explosion of light and the water was draining, but instead of sinking with it I was being raised up and pulled above the surface. Maybe the water wasn't really draining, it just looked that way because I was being pulled above it? I didn't know.

But the fog was clearing too and soon I could see the dock, and I was being pulled by some force towards it. I bit my lip in fear. Please tell me that I was being brought back to Ronnie, please.

I was pulled against the dock and slammed my face painfully against the wood, but then I was being pulled through it and I fell through the dock and landed somewhere else. I couldn't see, but I heard the familiar beeps of machines and felt a pressure next to my hip and a warmth in my hand.

I was in the hospital. I felt intense pain in my right chest, but it was dimmed by the joy that I had made it back to Ronnie. I survived!

And was that Ronnie next to me, his hand in mine, perhaps his head laying on the bed, brushing against my hip? I hoped so.

I tried to open my eyes slowly, but I couldn't move them yet. I focused on my hand then, and after some effort, I managed to twitch my fingers. It was small, but it got the persons attention and they sat up.

"R-Ryker? Are you awake?" a voice whispered, their voice a bit raspy, like they had been crying or something. Oh, Ronnie. Im so sorry I've caused you all this pain.

I opened my eyes this time, and I looked over at him. His hair was a bit of a mess, slightly matted and ratty in places, and his eyes were red, but I swear he was still the most beautiful thing in the whole wide world. I smiled and stared at him, taking in every detail. I never thought I'd see him again, this was so amazing!

He grinned and leaned forward, kissing me softly and then wrapping me up in a gentle hug. I moved my hands up and placed them behind his back.

I was back with Ronnie. I couldn't believe it.

Then the door clicked open and I looked over to see Hotchner, Spencer, and the supervisor lady watch in.

"Thanks to Spencer, we've got enough evidence to convict John" the supervisor said, looking almost disappointed. She probably didn't like being wrong. I scowled and said "you had enough evidence all along. You just didn't want to believe it"

I may have been being mean. But I didn't like her one bit. And she had let Him free, which had given Him the chance to get a gun and come after me and Ronnie, nearly hurt Ronnie, and shoot me.

The supervisor looked away awkwardly and walked out, and I saw Spencer grinning widely, and even Hotchner looked like he was suppressing a smile. "Spencer followed you out and he called the police, getting John to admit to sexually and physically abusing you, and attempting to kill you. And then John shot you again and Spencer took him down with a shot to the leg" Hotchner said, and I smiled gratefully at Spencer.

Spencer scratched his forehead confusedly and, embarrassed, admitted "I was aiming for his head". "Well, thank you all the same. I'm so sorry if He said anything to you at all" I said, smiling at him. Spencer had saved Ronnie's life, and mine. And he had taken out John. All by himself. It was amazing to think, he believed me, and he cared. And helped me.

Someone had finally helped me.

And John was hurt, He had been shot in the leg.

And there was enough evidence, so He was going to jail.

W-was I finally, finally free?