Bonding

Ronnie released me from his grip when someone walked into the room. I quickly excused myself to hide the blush that had been on my face since last night it seems.

'Ok get yourself together' I tell myself, leaning over the sink. Staring into the mirror, I said 'Its nothing really. Ronnie's just a game. That's all you feel. This is all part of the game.'

I can't even convince myself, how am I supposed to convince everyone else that nothing was going on?

When I was walking out of the bathroom, I passed by Ronnie's room and I heard the faint sound of voices.

I wasn't planning on eavesdropping, but I heard my name. Curious, I paused by the door and leaned my head to listen.

"I just can't explain it, it's like, she gets me. She sort of understands me. Both of us were forced to waste away part of our life when we should have been free. She just, understands" Ronnie's voice said. Then Ryan muttered something, but I couldn't hear what he said. I heard shuffling so I quickly rushed down the hallway.

When I got to the door I quickly flung it open and rushed to the staff bus to shower so I could go and help Janey at the merch tent later.

While I was in the shower, I tore myself up trying to figure out what that conversation was. What did it mean? What had Ryan asked that made Ronnie say that? What did he say in response?

I couldn't make sense of these questions, but I found myself smiling at the thought of what Ronnie said.

Maybe I was important to him too.