Hidden

The first thing I felt was throbbing. Throbbing everywhere, in my head, my legs, my chest, everywhere. Every inch of me was throbbing, stinging, resonating with pain.

I sat up slowly, a hand on my head. When I pulled it away it was covered with crusty red spheres. Blood.

What had happened?

I remember Ronnie, and wandering into the forest. He had found me, I remember getting beat, and then, a rock! He had hit me with a rock. Well that explains that. How long had I been out?

I looked up to see the sun high in the sky through the trees. Warped would be up and running by now, I couldn't sneak past everyone. I groaned in pain and crawled on my hands and knees, searching the forest floor for my glasses. I found them cracked, with the left lens popped out. That wouldn't hide much, I'd have to cover it with my hair. That isn't unusual, and no one would question it.

I found my scarf all tattered with dry leaves stuck to them. I shook it out and put it on. I got to my feet and slowly, painfully staggered my way back to Warped.

By the time I got back the sun was drooping low in the sky. The grounds were still crowded with fans making their way to the later shows, desperately searching for a last glance at their favorite band members or youtubers.

I put my head down and limped towards the buses, scurrying through people. When I got there, I slinked inside the bus and grabbed some clothes quickly before scurrying to the bathroom.

I stripped carefully, and washed off carefully. I sighed as the warm water ran across my sore muscles. I turned off the water and patted myself down before changing into pajama pants and a soft, long-sleeved shirt. I grabbed the scarf and wrapped it around my neck, frowning at my reflection. I pulled up the shirt and stared at my ribs, frowning.

It was swollen and all red and purple. Damn, if this is broken......well there's nothing I can do about it. I ran a hand over my ribs, pressing down gently. I winced just touching it, but when I got to swollen part, I couldn't even bear laying a hand in it.

Fuck.

I let my shirt go, letting it fall back down and covering all the horrendous bruises.

I reached for the handle slowly, my muscles hitching from the stretch, and pulled it open quickly, holding my ribs in pain.

I made my way to my bunk, eager to lay on the soft mattress and sleep away the terror, but I was blocked by a frazzled looking Janey.

"Where have you been? You've been gone all day. We almost had to leave without you!" she asked me, fists on her hips, not letting me through.

I shook my wet hair into my face and bit my lip. "I, uh, I'm sorry, I sorta crashed and stayed with uh..." I stuttered, worried. What would I say?

"You didn't even think to call?" she said, eyebrows furrowing angrily.

"I, err, forget my phone. I'm sorry Janey, it was really rude of me" I said, keeping my head down.

"Yeah it was! I was worried sick - hon, what happened to your face?" she asked, grabbing my chin and pulling it up.

I knew she could see all black eye and the purple swell on my forehead from His fists. Luckily He hit me with the rock on my left side, so it was hidden by my hair. "Oh! Ryker, who did this to you?" Janey asked, concern in her voice.

"I, er, no one! I just got into a fight" I said quickly, jerking my head back.

"Honey that doesn't look good, you need to get that checked out!" Janey said, eyes wide and lips pulled back. "No, it's fine really!" I insisted, stepping around her.

"I'm just gonna rest now, ok? I'm sorry again, goodnight!" I said quickly and hurried to my bunk.

I lay down, heart racing. Tomorrow would be tough, she would want to know everything. And Ronnie probably wanted an explanation for yesterday. But for now, I was in bed, and it felt so soft and smooth and nice, and my eyes closed as I laid against the sheets.