He's Back

I had succeeded in avoiding Ronnie for 3 days, with way too many close calls. I threw myself into working at the merch tent, but whenever I spotted Ronnie, or worse, Ronnie with Daisy, I hid under the table, and Janey would pretend she was the only one working then. Daisy seemed to love this, delighting in commenting to Ronnie how I didn't seem to be a good employee.

And what a doll Janey was, she was so sweet and understanding. She never pushed me on anything, instead helping me in any way she could, always holding me at night when I lost it, and cleaning me up in the mornings.

But it was torturous, and a thought struck me yesterday that tore me up so much that I still haven't recovered. Warped Tour was supposed to be my escape, my haven, but it seemed that even here the bad reached for me and followed me, stalking and pouncing just when I was most vulnerable.

And now even Warped Tour wasn't nice to me anymore. I didn't feel welcome, or well.

The walls were closing in on me, every tent hiding some unseen terrors, every bus had a hidden hooded man getting ready to pounce on me, and take me away, hurting, torturing, and finally, if I'm lucky enough, killing me.

I was starting to think I was paranoid, when I took a walk to town, escaping Warped Tour, and hopefully, a meeting with Ronnie.

Maybe I was making it all up, I thought, maybe I was being silly? Maybe, maybe, maybe.

That's all I could think of as I walked around. I lost track of time, and next thing I noticed, darkness had fallen, covering the town in blackness, the shadows creeping up into a mass. I quickened my pace quickly, jerking around fearfully, looking everywhere.

Oh, where was I? What have I done? Why couldn't I have paid attention? Why couldn't I have been more careful? And now here I was, exposing myself to the horrors of what happens in a city at night, with a psychotic, angry man after me, out for my blood. And more.

Well, maybe he's not here, maybe that was a one time thing, maybe I'm safe? Maybe I'll be okay?

Thinking too soon, I was grabbed suddenly and jerked sideways. The force sent me into a hard wall, and I cracked my head painfully, dots blotting my vision. What-

Suddenly a cold shiver creeped through my body as my assailant leaned close to me. My body went stiff in sheer, freezing terror, cold sweats covering me.

"See how easy it is for me to take you without anyone noticing? Oh, and you made it so easy! My my, darling, how easy it is. Don't tell anyone of this, and none of your precious friends will be hurt. Every night, walk this way, unless you'd rather I take you from your bed, and drag you through the woods?"

The menacing voice whispered to me in it's malicious way.

Then the coldness was gone, and the man's laughter echoed into the distance, slowly growing farther away. "Tell no one" the voice repeated, and disappeared into the darkness.

As soon as I caught my breath I ran. I ran in blind terror, down the street, finally ending up at the entrance of Warped. I rushed to my bus quickly, silently creeping into my cot and laying on my back, staring up in sightless fright.

My heart was still beating fast, as though it was ready to tear from my veins and burst out of my chest. My eyes were wide and my breathing was struggling.

"Tell no one" echoed into my head, but it wasn't the command that scared me so, it was the voice. The chilling, horrifying voice, sickly sweet, dripping like rotten honey. That voice, I'd know it anywhere.

That voice used to lull me into horrifying, forced sleep. That voice used to haunt my every thought. That voice used to ring in my ears incessantly. That voice.

He's back.