READ THE SEPARATE BOOK

Winston turned to each side and whispered to the jury. Then he stood up, and everyone else proceeded to stand up.

My stomach was killing me by now, but before it had been pushed out of my mind from the fear. Now, it was back to the front of my mind and more painful than ever. I leaned over and clutched it while I stood up, and I ended up falling over.

My eyes were closing, but I fought back and kept them open. Mr. Sullivan leaned over me and helped me up, handing me some water. I heard a commotion from behind me. Probably Ronnie fighting with some guard to come help me.

I drank a little water and winced at it all, from falling, from the bruises, and from having everyone see me topple over to the ground. They would probably think I was on drugs right now and throw out the case...or....or....or, I don't know what.

Winston looked at me curiously, while saying "we will now take a short break. Each side, prepare your final statement. Court is adjourned for an hour."

Mr. Sullivan looked at me curiously and leaned over, asking me "what was that?"

"Errr, nothing" I mumbled, clutching my stomach. God damn it, when would it stop throbbing? It happened over 3 hours ago, and it hadn't stopped hurting, hadn't even let up!

"Ms. Mathews, you need to tell me. Does it have to do with Mr. Hastings?" he asked me, and I shifted, pausing before nodding slightly.

"H-he got to me before court started" I whispered, lifting up my shirt a bit so that Mr. Sullivan could see.

He gasped and cleared his throat, shuffling through more papers.

"We'll definitely be bringing that up in the statement" he said, and kept shuffling through papers. Sweet Jinxx, how many papers did he have?

I sighed and stood up, whispering that I needed to go to the bathroom. A guard escorted me out and waited outside the bathroom door for me, not letting anyone else in and making sure it was empty before I went in.

I went to the bathroom, and washed my hands. When I dried off my hands, I caught view of myself in the mirror.

I had tried not to look. But I saw.

I looked dreadful. My eyes were red, swollen and puffy, and my lips were still trembling. My eyes, they looked so sad, and were so watery. My arms were shaking, my knees quivering, and my whole entire body shook with fear.

I can't believe I'm still alive. I can't believe I've made it this far.

But I don't think I'll make it any farther. And I don't think I'll win this court case.......

I pulled up my shirt painfully, and nodded to myself. I was right. It looked kind of bad, but He had given me worse. I was lucky this time, He didn't go all out on me......this time...

I dropped my shirt and cupped my hands, catching water and then wiping it on my face, washing up a little. My eyeshadow was smudged and streaking down my cheeks, making me look like a crack whore the day after one hell of a night.

I looked like a terrified girl who was about to go back and face her rapist and abuser.

I looked horrific.

I dried off my face and limped back over to the door, pulling it weakly, hunched over to try and avoid stretching out my stomach for fear of the pain. I felt horrible, I looked horrible, I was horrible.

The guard helped me open the door fully, and I spotted Ronnie across the hallway, talking to Jacky and Max. Ryan and Derek were heading to the bathroom I think..

I started to move towards them, but the guard gently grabbed my arm.

"Ma'am you can't talk to the civilians and witnesses right now. You can see them after the case is adjourned" the guard said to me, tugging me away.

"B-b-but I need R-Ronnie" I whimpered pathetically, gazing over at him.

He spotted me and took a step towards me, but the guard who was guarding the door stepped in front of him and blocked him, pushing him back.

Why were they so gruff and rough with us? Why were they so insistent on keeping us apart? Ugh....

I looked at Ronnie, meeting his eyes one last time before being pulled back into the court room.

My heart pumped rapidly in fear as I sat there, waiting for the court to come back to the case so that I could hear their decision. Then it would be over.

Would He finally be punished for what He had done?

Or would He be found not-guilty?