Freedom

I've been home for 2 days, and I'm already bored out of my mind.

I drag myself out of bed, no longer happy with just sleeping my life away. For a while I was just enjoying the comfortable mattress of my bed. But now it's not as satisfying.

I wasted 4 years of my life getting punished for something I didn't do, and now I'm free.

I'm fucking 19, and now it's time for me to do every fucking thing I wanted when I was younger. I turn to my iPod, blasting music, and realize what I will do. It's time that I listen to the bands live.

I walk into my brother's room and turn on his computer. I look on the Alternative Press website to see that Vans Warped Tour will be playing in a town right next to mine in a week. I close the website and then search through ads until I find what I'm looking for.

Somebody has tickets and backstage passes to a concert that she can't attend because she's going to France. I call the number and we end up arranging to meet at a nearby park.

Even though I have compensation money, I don't want use it, so I just grab my glass money jar, which the cops surprisingly left alone, and grabbed the 900 dollars I had saved up in there, plus another 3 hundred hidden in various places.

I never liked banks when I was younger; I didn't trust the bank so I kept all my money in hiding spots in my room.

Jumping on the pads of my feet, I walk to the park.