Taken

The first thing I felt was the pounding pain coming from my head, and the sticky wetness trailing down my cheek. Was it tears, was it blood? What was the difference? They both meant the same thing.

He was back. He was back, and He was mad. And when He saw the news reports, He would take me away, and He would go after Ronnie. I couldn't let Him get Ronnie. I wouldn't let him. I would do anything, everything, to save Ronnie from him.

I felt a hand lightly tapping my face, shaking me. So that's what woke me up, someone was trying to get me to wake up. Who was it? Should I pretend I wasn't awake?

No, then they would call the cops or an ambulance or something. Then I guess I should get up. I blinked quickly, trying to regain control of my body.

Everything hurt, and I could hardly bear to even think about what it would be like to move them.

I heard a voice, first sounding unclear, like it were from underwater, and then I could hear it clearer.

"Ryker! Oh god Ryker, please be okay. Come on Ry, you can't leave me, not now, oh god oh god oh god please Ryker, please wake up" the voice said, sounding desperate and freaked out.

Ronnie had found me! Oh fuck, I probably looked horrid. I hadn't had time to clean up and try to hide it before finding him. It would be obvious what had happened!

Why did he have to find me? This was bad, very bad. And yet, I was also happy that he had found me. I felt safe now, knowing he was with me.

But, while I was safe with him, he wasn't safe with me. The very thing that made me safe, put him in severe danger. How could I do this to him? I was a horrible, disgusting, wretched person.

"Mmmm, Ronnie" I coughed, trying to sit up. He laughed, a really sad guffaw, and I saw him for the first time.

Tears were pouring out of his eyes, and his face was scrunched up, his lip trembling. "Ryker! Oh god, you're okay! Oh god, when I saw your legs I didn't know what, who to expect, but when I saw it was you, I-" Ronnie said, his voice trembling, tears still flowing.

He threw his arms around me, hugging me gently, and yet it was completely hard and bone-crushing, but in a good way.

Like a soft bear hug. "I thought I'd lost you" he whispered, his voice pained.

"I'm here" I said, hugging him back. I tried to ignore the blush and whirlwind of feelings tearing up my insides, instead focusing on trying to comfort Ronnie.

I was always causing him grief. When would I free him of my cursed attention?

He helped me sit up and then he took my waist, letting me lean my weight onto him.

"H-he's back Ronnie" I whimpered, my eyes darting around. Was He here? Was He near? Were we safe? No, never safe, I was never safe. And Ronnie, he wasn't safe with me.

"Ryker, tell me who it is" Ronnie said, walking me out of the alley. I shook my head and burst out crying-loud, ugly cries.

"We'll talk later, lets get you home" Ronnie said, hugging me to his side. I tried to calm down, and after a bit the cries had faded to hiccups.

We passed by a store, and through the window people pointed and whispered to each other. I strained my eyes and saw that once again, Ronnie and I were on the news.

Did the press really have nothing else to do, no other pressing story? I tugged Ronnie, pulling him away from the people.

"I'm sorry, I never thought they'd accuse you of this" I whispered, coughing, my throat dry.