going back to arizona

amy and tim picked up their daughter from the airport as layla hugs both of her parents once getting out of the airport taking off her mask hugging both of them tight in her arms, "hi honey,"

tim said rubbing at his daughter's brunette hair, layla smiles in her parent's embrace, noah was coming tomorrow for their mother's and dad's birthday, layla and noah planned getting their mother her dream car.

they were getting her a tesla for her birthday and for their dad, layla had bought her dad a signed baseball shirt from his favourite baseball player.

amy smiles at her daughter leading their daughter to her car as tim grabbed his daughter's suitcase and duffel bag bringing it to the trunk of the car closing it behind him getting into the driver's seat driving them home.

layla looked down to her iphone seeing anna messaging her if she got back safely, layla smiled she liked how anna cared about her.

"is that emma?"

layla frowns at the mention of her girlfriend, amy noticing her daughter's frown on her face, "you wanna talk about it layla?" layla shakes her head to her mother not wanting to talk about emma, not wanting to tell her parents that she was gonna break up with emma because she was in love with anna.

—————

layla sat in her bedroom on facetime to anna when haley and tatum came into her bedroom, "oh come on, you're home and you wanna stay in bed?" layla looked at her sisters smiling.

"hey.."

she got up from her bed hugging both of her sister's tight in her arms as she hadn't seen them for a long time, "i missed you both," tatum playfully rolled her eyes, "of course you did,"

layla leans forward in haley's hug flicking her older sister's forehead sticking her tongue out at tatum who rubs at her forehead, "oww,"

haley sits down at the edge of her sister's bed, "who you on facetime to?" haley asked, turning her sister's laptop seeing anna on there, "oh hey anna,"

haley makes a face to layla who mutes herself turning her laptop back to facing her headboard, "isn't she the one who hurt you?" layla frowned, "she has commitment issues, and i was the one who pushed her,"

tatum looked at her sister, "does she like you now?" layla looked down to her hands nodding her head, "and i—" haley then stops layla, "what about emma? she's so nice,"

layla nods her head, "she is.. she's amazing, but this last week, we haven't even done anything like cuddle or kiss," layla said letting out a breath, "and at dinner the other day, she didn't even sit next to me, she sat next to connor and eva, she basically ignored me,"

haley rubbed her sister's back, "i know you guys like her, but it's always been anna," tatum looked at layla, "if she makes you happy, then that's all i care about, and i know mom and dad would say the same thing,"

layla looked down, "i just don't want to get hurt again, she promised she wouldn't do that, but how do i know she won't hurt me," haley and tatum looked at each other then to their little sister, "you just gotta trust her,"

layla runs her fingers through her brunette hair, "okay.." she bites her lip softly, unmuting herself looking at anna who was looking away from the laptop.

haley and tatum walked out of their sister's bedroom kissing layla's forehead, "oh and for mom's present, it's at ty's house," layla nods her head smiling at tatum, before she opens the door leaving layla's bedroom with haley.

—————

layla held her mother's hand and ty's hand in hers, closing their eyes as they thanked god for the food on their plates, "amen,"

"amen,"
"amen,"

they all started to dig into their hands pulling their hands from each other's hands, layla clears her throat drinking her glass of water as her dad looked at his daughter, "you okay sweetheart?"

layla nods her head, "yeah just dry throat," tim nods his head digging into his wife's food smiling, "so how's Los Angeles?" ty asked layla who sat next to him.

layla smiles, "it's really good, i love being there it feels like home, and the girls are amazing," she said about her content house sisters, "karina, jordan, gabby and kayla are so amazing,"

amy smiled, "maybe i'll have to go to las vegas with you," layla chuckles at what her mother was saying, "they'd actually love that, mom," layla said to her mother who smiles.

they talked more about layla being in los angeles when they bring up noah, "him and dixie are so cute, she makes him so happy," layla said to everyone at the dinner table, "i haven't seen him that happy since he started soccer,"

they all laughed, "what about you lele? who makes you happy?" tim asked his daughter who played with her food on her plate, "all of my friends in la and you guys,"

tim smiles, "we should really invite your girlfriend soon," layla looked at her dad then to her mom, "there's something i have to tell you," amy and tim both furrowed their eyebrows, "what's wrong sweetie?"

layla lets out a breath putting her knife and fork down, "um.. i'm gonna break up with emma," tim looked at his daughter, "oh.. why's that?" layla looked at her dad, "when we first started talking and seeing each other, i was so happy with her but now i don't know, it's not the same anymore,"

ty side hugged layla who had a tear fall down her face, "oh sweetie, i'm sorry," amy said reaching over holding her daughter's hand, "i like someone else," tim and amy looked at their daughter, "anna, she's make me happy,"

amy and tim looked at each other, they knew about anna from noah who told them everything that happened with her and anna, even though tim didn't really approve on anna hurting his daughter, he wanted to see her happy and if anna made her happy then he's gonna have to live with it, "okay,"

layla looked at her dad, "okay?" tim nods his head, "if she makes you happy then i'm happy sweetheart, but if she even hurts you again, i'll go down there and—" layla stops her dad, "okay," she laughs with everyone else around the dinner table.