first exchanges

layla shakes her nerves away letting out a breath, before coming into the shumate household with her suitcase in hand and her bagpack on her back coming inside the front door.

"hello—"

a women who had brunette hair with blue eyes looked at layla slightly smiling, "h-hi," she now knew where anna had gotten all of her good looks and eye colour from.

the women smiled, "i'm lisa," (i don't know anna's mum name so i just made it up), layla smiles, "hi i'm layla," lisa nods her head, "now i know why my daughter has been so smitten over facetime for," layla's and anna's cheeks redden.

"i um—"

phil, anna's step dad comes to them, "honey, leave the poor girl alone, i bet all she wants to do right now is sleep, am i right?" layla nods her head at what phil said, "mm-hmm,"

anna takes layla's hand coming upstairs into her bedroom with karina in front of her, opening her bedroom door letting layla and karina both in her bedroom, "dinner's almost ready!"

phil shouted upstairs near the banister, as layla turns to anna, "i like them, i can now see where you get your good looks from," layla said to anna who pushes layla's shoulder, "hey, that's my mom,"

layla chuckles, hugging anna tight in her arms annoying the girl in her embrace, "i'm joking boon," karina watched layla and anna talk to each other, before they make tiktoks in anna's iconic bedroom.

—————

layla was downstairs playing fornite with brandon on the xbox in the living room, as he had put his gaming set on layla's head making the girl turn to anna's younger brother with a small smile, "do i look cool?"

brandon nods his head, smiling at layla, "you look awesome!" layla chuckles, playing the game with brandon when anna and karina come downstairs, placing themselves on the couch watching layla and brandon play fornite before brandon kills layla who gasps.

"brandon, hey you killed me,"

she said to brandon who chuckles, "yep," layla then turns to look at anna, "oh, so now i know you're both competitive," she said taking them headset from her head, hearing anna chuckle with brandon.

anna leans into layla, "my friends want us to go and meet them at jelly's house, you coming?" layla nods her head, "of course," she then turns to brandon, "i'll play again with you later, okay?"

brandon nods his head as anna takes both of karina's and layla's hands leading them to her red car, layla runs her hand through her hair sitting in the back seat as karina had called shotgun making her get the passenger seat in anna's car.

anna starts her car, as layla put her seatbelt on looking down at her phone where sab was messaging her about a youtube video she wanted to do with her and anna when they come back to la.

layla agreed not knowing if anna had already had agreed to this but now knows as sab has told her that anna had already agreed to making the youtube video.

anna turns a corner before going up into her friend's driveway parking her car, layla clearing her throat as anna turns back to her along with karina, "jelly and grace are gonna love you,"

karina looked at anna, "they already love her," layla furrowed her eyebrows, "wait is jelly's real name kelly?" anna nods her head, "mm-hmm," layla looked at anna, "oh, she's the one who puts nice comments on my videos,"

karina nods her head, "about her simping for you and emma," layla chuckled, her cheeks going red, "you should really see her spam account," anna gets out of her car, along with them locking the door, as layla follows behind anna coming closer to the door.