going back to los angeles

authors note:

i absolutely love the way jaden sings this song as tayler plays the guitar, imagine if they made music together, their voices would be incredible and anyways—

i love you all and enjoy this chapter 🤍

—————

anna, layla and karina went in anna's mother's car as she drives the three girls to the airport hugging each of them, hugging her daughter the tightest, anna sighing in her mother's embrace, "bye mom,"

layla waved her hand to anna's mother putting her mask onto her face coming into the michigan airport, karina was going back to las vegas whilst layla is going back to los angeles with anna since kelly, her and karina's manager have booked a photoshoot for layla to do with vogue magazine tomorrow.

"bye k,"

layla hugs karina in her arms tight with a frown on her face, karina hugged her best friend right, pulling back from layla, "i'll see you in a week?" layla nods her head coming back into karina's arms hugging her, "love you k,"

"i love you too lele,"

karina hugged anna when anna sighed in her best friend's embrace knowing karina won't come to los angeles for two weeks, "see you soon karina," layla looked at anna, walking opposite ways coming to her and anna's terminal.

once layla and anna got into their seats on the airplane, layla rests her head against anna's shoulder smiling as anna films her for her snapchat story putting the caption 'beb'.

layla slowly started to close her eyes feeling the plane start to come off of the ground, flying in the air, anna rests her head against the top of layla's head half smiling.

she knew that layla needed some time before they went back to what they were before layla started dating emma, she was going to wait for layla to be ready for them to be together but she didn't want to rush things with layla.

—————

layla slept in christian's car in the passenger seat, as the said boy picked her and anna up from the airport helping the two girls with their suitcases putting them into the trunk of his car.

christian looked at layla then to anna, who was on her iphone, "so what's going on with you two?" he asked anna, waking layla up but the girl didn't open her eyes or move wanting to hear what anna had to say.

anna sighs putting her phone down, "nothing is going on with us, she needs time after everything that's happened," christian nods his head, "and i'm giving her that time, cause i do like her,"

christian smiled at anna through his rearview mirror, "aww you simp," anna playfully rolled her eyes, "i don't simp," christian looked at anna, "yeah and i don't run, but i know for her, you would simp,"

anna chuckled at what christian said shaking her head, "okay- maybe i am, i just don't want to mess it up again, these six days we spent at my house, it was different,"

"how different?"

christian asked his girl best friend who runs her fingers through her hair, "it was different because—" christian comes into the mcdonalds drive thru, "i don't know, it was different, she didn't look at me the way she did when we weren't talking to each other,"

christian looked back at anna, "everyone in the house can see that you two are made for each other, emma even ships you two, she knows that her and layla didn't work out but that doesn't mean you two won't," layla then pretends to stir to the side still asleep, "because she has feelings for you and you have feelings for her,"

layla wanted to hear anna admit that she had feelings for her but instead she didn't hear anything. so she slowly opens her eyes yawning, "mhm-" she turns to look at christian, "where are we?"

anna smiles at layla's raspy voice, "we're at mcdonalds drive thru, you hungry?" layla nods her head with a small smile coming into her lips, "can i get—"

anna looked at layla, "a mcchicken meal with coke right?" layla nods her head to what anna said smiling back to the girl, "how was it without us there?" she asked christian who smiled at his friends, "it wasn't the same to be honest,"

layla chuckles, "obviously we're the funny ones," anna chuckled fist bumping layla who held out her hand for anna.

christian looks back at anna through the rearview mirror with a look on his face, layla looks at her iphone seeing dev and eva messaging her.

—————

"my mama don't like you and she likes everyone.."

layla sings as she plays the guitar in her arms strumming the chords, "yeah.." the just a house girls smile listening in to layla sing, "and i'd never like to admit that i was wrong..."

layla looked around at the girls and her friends who were watching her sing and play the guitar, "and i've been so caught up in my job, didn't see what's going on,"

she clears her throat, "but now i know, i'm better sleeping on my own," anna slightly frowned hearing that, "cause if you like the way you look that much, oh, baby, you should go and love yourself,"

she stopped strumming the guitar, putting the guitar down as she stops singing looking at her friends, "wow, i didn't know you could sing," dev said to her best friend alongside eva, "yeah me neither,"

layla half smiled, "it's just something i started to do when i was in rehab—" she stopped herself, with her friends looking at her, "so you can sing, play the guitar, play soccer, and model what can't you do?" eva asked her best friend changing the subject.

everyone started to chuckle as anna looked at layla knowing layla didn't want to talk about what happened in rehab, "um who wants to make tiktoks with me?"

zack, eva, christian and dev went outside making tiktoks with layla dancing in the sunlight at the girl's new mansion what was huge.

jessejameswest wants to message you

layla furrowed her eyebrows coming into her instagram dms seeing jesse's name in her requested dms, when she accepted the request seeing jesse dming her about if she ever wanted to work out with him, emma and anna together for a youtube video.

layla accepted the youtube video offer, running her fingers through her hair looking at her ex girlfriend and anna talking to each other about something before they started to do weird actions to each other.