sunday morning

layla on sunday morning on the day of her girlfriend's birthday had set up a day for her girlfriend to spend with her surrounded by their friends.

as prior to getting closer to her girlfriend's birthday, layla the day before just before the clock turned twelve o'clock, she had finished and posted a tiktok to maroon 5's sunday morning where she posted about things she considered perfect which was her girlfriend showing a picture of her and anna laughing, another slide with boon writing showing a picture of them two kissing, another slide of anna and layla at layla's album release party saying this one, a slide with mi amor with anna's hands on her girlfriend's face as their smiles were wide with their foreheads touching. two more slides saying things about her girlfriend tagging anna in the caption.

she had everything planned with chris, matt and nic getting the cake for anna, exactly at the time she was born which layla had found out from anna's mom to be at (random time) 10 in the evening.

layla had everything planned out. to planning when everyone was gonna surprise her girlfriend at exactly 10pm but somehow the party had gotten ruined by..

a cop pulling layla on the side of the road, as the beck girl waited for the police officer to come to her car as anna was being blindfolded in the passenger seat with headphones on, "lele, why have we stopped?"

anna asks with the headphones still on her ears, "we'll be going in a bit babe," a police officer strolled to layla's car, flashing his flashlight at them looking into the car seeing anna being blindfolded and headphones, "what's going on here?"

"one, it's not what it looks like," she told the officer, "i am surprising her, it's her twentieth birthday," the officer then looked to layla realising that his daughter loved her, "you're layla beck, my daughter loves you,"

"oh-kay,"

she said clearly confused on to where the conversation was going, "officer, why have i been pulled over?" the officer cleared his throat, "for speeding, but i'll let you off this time," layla nods her head, "if you could sing at my daughter's birthday party,"

she looked at the officer then to her girlfriend, "okay, sure.." she looked at the time seeing that it was near her girlfriend's birthday, "just here," she hands him a card, "let my manager know, and i'll be there," she said to the officer who tipped his hat, "okay you can go,"

_____

layla lead her girlfriend towards her apartment where she takes the blindfold off anna to reveal an dark what seemed like a empty room, "lele, what is thi—?"

"surprise!"

party cannons were going off as anna jaw dropped at the presence of her friends and people who she had met through her girlfriend, "surprise boon," layla pressed a kiss to her girlfriend's cheek, "i love you,"

anna turnt to face her girlfriend, her hands coming to her girlfriends cheeks, "i love you so much," layla smiled leaning in and kissing her girlfriend's lips who smiled once they pulled away.

the sturniolo triplets came towards layla and her girlfriend embracing the birthday girl as layla smiled wide at the interaction seeing her close friends celebrate her girlfriend's birthday with her since anna's family or hometown friends couldn't come to celebrate with her.

"happy birthday anna,"

more and more of anna's friends came towards her to say happy birthday to her privately, and layla went off to her closet friends as her girlfriend thanked her friends, "so—"

layla quirked an eyebrow at nessa and sab's look on their faces, "are you gonna do something for anna after the party? something sexy or sweet?" the beck girl looked to her friends, "i have something in mind,"

"oh, tell us!"

layla shook her head, "no, otherwise it won't be a surprise since i know you two have big mouths," she replied as sab and nessa both make faces as layla, the sturniolo triplets and madi all laughed, "it's true otherwise you guys wouldn't be offended," nick said honestly with layla high fiving him.

the dj touched the microphone making layla look to where she sees someone who she didn't recognise saying happy birthday to her girlfriend before getting down from the small stage with a smirk towards anna, "who the hell is that? i don't remember inviting them,"

the group of friends all gave each other looks seeing their friend's jealous look seeing anna now hugging the person who she didn't recognise, "excuse me for a second,"

sab went to move forward to grab layla's arm not wanting her friend to make a big deal out of something however layla had gotten away from her just in time.

she stands in front of her girlfriend and the person, "babe," anna turnt to her girlfriend as did the person who sent anna an confused look, "boon, who's this? i don't think we've met before," the girl held out her hand, where layla sees a bracelet what said she/they on it, "no i don't think we have,"

"logan, logan reese, me and anna—" she motioned to the birthday girl, "went to michigan state together until she stopped coming,"

layla looked at the girl, "ah okay," she cleared her throat knowing she was going to make a mistake before the girl introduced herself, "sorry i um still haven't introduced myself—"

logan interrupted her, "i know who you are, i think everyone in the world knows who you are," a tint of pink dust over layla's slightly pale cheeks, "right, right.."

the beck girl look to her girlfriend, "um," she played with the ends of her hair, "do you wanna open your presents now or later?" anna looked at her girlfriend, "people got me presents?"

"of course, it's your birthday, my present isn't here though, you'll open my one later," anna smiled, "okay,"

layla looked in between her girlfriend and her girlfriend's friend excusing herself, "i'll be back," she placed a kiss to anna's cheek moving away from them going back to where her friends were, "how did that go?"

layla met sab's teasing eyes, "she's a friend of anna's from michigan state," nessa and the group hummed, "shocker," layla hit sab's arm who chuckled bringing layla in for a bear hug.