awkward interaction

layla stopped in her place seeing her ex boyfriend drew standing in the same restaurant as them, "hey," drew said making his way over towards them, with layla squeezing anna's hand in her tighter every step he too closer to them, "drew,"

john said to his daughter's ex boyfriend, "hey layla," drew said looking at his ex girlfriend who held anna's hand in hers tight, "we need to go," tatum took her sister's hand coming past drew and out of the restaurant, "layla, are you okay?"

layla stared in shock, all of the memories coming back from when drew used to physically and emotionally hurt her, "layla?" ty shook layla slightly when tears spilled out of layla's eyes.

"hey, hey.." ty brought closer to his chest, "it's okay, we're not near him, you're okay," he rubbed at layla's hair tryna calm the crying girl down.

"layla?"

layla turned to her girlfriend who looked at layla upset, "what's wrong?" she asked her girlfriend coming closer to layla who backed up slightly away from anna, "lele, it's me,"

anna took another step forwards with layla now coming beside her sister, "am i missing something?" tatum looked at anna, "that was layla's ex boyfriend, the one—"

anna's eyes widen in shock, "he's the one who—" tatum stopped whatever anna was gonna say, nodding her head, "yeah," anna looked at her girlfriend, "oh bubby, it's okay, he's not near us,"

layla looked to her girlfriend's awaiting hand, "can we go home?" tatum nods her head, "yeah, come on," tatum leads layla to her boyfriend's car with anna frowning, "hey,"

anna looked at ty, "she just needs time okay? he did some messed up things, and layla just needs to know that you're there for her," anna nods her head at what ty said, "yeah, of course," she looked at ty, "do you think she'll distance herself away from me?"

ty shakes his head, "as long as we don't see drew again, then she'll be fine before she goes back home," anna nods her head, "okay," she ran her hand through her blonde hair.

____

anna knocked onto her girlfriend's bedroom ever since they came back from the dinner, layla has been distancing herself away from her family members, the only one she has in there right now with her is jasper, their dog have had ever since layla was 10.

"bub, are you okay, don't distant yourself from me," layla sobbed into her dog's fur who laid his head on layla's shoulder.

anna sighed from outside of her girlfriends bedroom door going to the guest room where anna suitcase was since layla's dad put anna's suitcase in there.

anna made some tiktoks by herself and posted one of her videos on her spam account of her and layla on the way to the restaurant where they were happy and all cuddly.

layla wiped at her eyes, she shouldn't shut anna out with the way anna has been with her, the past few days but layla couldn't keep it, with what she's been through with the whole breakup with drew, she just right now needs to be alone.

"layla,"

she hears coming from behind her bedroom door hearing her sister's talk loudly from behind their younger sister's bedroom door, "can we come in?"

layla shook her head letting more tears fall down her face, she was finally in a happy place with her girlfriend not seeing or even thinking about drew and what he did to her, "please, don't shut us out again laylo,"

layla lets out a shaky breath going to her bedroom door unlocking it seeing the door handle turn with both of her sisters embracing layla tight in their arms, "it's okay, he can't hurt you,"

haley whispered into her sister's hair whilst tatum rubbed at layla's brunette hair turning to her sister's bedroom door seeing anna poke her head out of the guest room a few doors down.

tatum shakes her head at anna who nods her head knowing to give her girlfriend some space, "i-i can't do this anymore," haley held her sister's hands in her making layla look to their hands, "he's not going to hurt you laylo, we promise, he's not,"

layla shakes her head, "he always found a way to," tatum and haley both frowned hearing that, "anna should go back home," tatum frowned, "without you? layla, you know she won't go back without you,"

tears now streamed down her face, "she has to, i'm a mess, i can't be with her when i'm broken," tatum frowned hearing her sister talk, "layla, you're not broken,"

layla looks into her sister's eyes with her vision blurry from the crying, "i am, and i always have been," haley bit her lip, "no you're not, layla,"

"don't you understand?! after drew, i-" layla lets out a shaky breath, "i knew i wouldn't be able to love anyone not without him, finding a way to destroy it,"

haley furrowed her eyebrows, "what do you mean?" layla bites her lip, "drew always finds a way to mess things up," tatum rubbed at her sister's brunette hair, "he won't, you and anna, you two are endgame,"

layla backed away from her sister, "this is not a tv show tatum, this is my life," she tried to blink away the tears, "and i know me, and i know i'll just end up hurting her in the end,"

haley looked at tatum then to layla, "then talk to her, tell her how you're feeling, don't push her away, cause we all know that doesn't do anything, expect from hurt us even more,"

layla ran a hand through her hair, "i just want to go to sleep," tatum nods her head, "okay," she sat herself down onto the couch in her sister's bedroom, "then i'm staying in here when you fall asleep,"

"don't you want anna in here with you?"

layla shakes her head, "sh-she can't see me like this," haley nods her head, "i'll go and talk to anna," layla nods her head looking at her other sister who was on the couch on her phone.

"okay,"