starting the new year with you

layla beck, she was big on love, that's something she had gotten from her parents who were big hopeless romantics. layla started with the casual dates, to the romantic picnic soccer dates to giving anna an promise ring, six months into their relationship after trusting her.

"hey,"

anna held her girlfriend's hand as they were waiting for everyone else to be ready for dinner, "are you okay?" layla nods her head to her girlfriend's question, "i'm okay, i promise,"

anna looked into her girlfriend's eyes, "do you know you can talk to me," layla nods her head, "i know, and i will when something is wrong but i'm fine," layla touched her girlfriend's cheek, "i promise, i wouldn't lie to you,"

anna half smiled, "okay," layla kissed anna's lips with a smile before avani, charli and dixie come into layla and anna's room, "hey guys," the three girls sat on the end of the girl's bed, "hey guys,"

layla leaned her body against anna's body, who held layla in her arms, "do you guys wanna go for a walk? the boys are bored and there's nothing else to do,"

they were all already dressed in dress, "sure," anna smiled at them with her and layla both now getting up putting their shoes on, as they come out of their room in the resort seeing the boys already ready.

____

the couples walk down the pavement when they see someone with a guitar serenading couples, layla pulls on her girlfriend's hand leading them to where the couples were slow dancing with each other.

"so honey, now..."

layla's head was on anna's shoulder slow dancing with the love of her life, slowly closing her eyes feeling at home.

"kiss me under the light of a thousand stars,"

layla pulls back looking into her girlfriend's blue eyes before leaning in and kissing anna, their lips moving in sync with each other's lips, pulling back to see everyone now slow dancing with them, "place your head on my beating heart,"

the two girls went back to slow dancing together with anna's head on layla's chest, "i'm thinking out loud, maybe we found love right where we are.."

the couple pulled apart smiling as everyone clapped for the man singing with layla going into her purse taking out a twenty dollar bill and putting it into the man's guitar case, "thank-thank you so much,"

layla smiled at the man looking at him, "keep doing what you're doing, don't let anyone ever stop you singing," the man smiled at layla, "thank you, happy new year,"

"happy new year to you too,"

____

whilst they were going to where the fireworks were being displayed, layla was making a tiktok of all of the memories that has happened this year with layla meeting the las vegas girls then meeting anna, and her new best friends and singing at concerts with the holidays she has been on.

"five—"

layla looked at anna who was standing with the boys, taking her girlfriend's hand bringing anna to where she was, "four," layla tucked her girlfriend's brunette hair behind her hair, "three,"

anna pecked her girlfriend's cheek, "two," the two girls stared at each other with smiles on their faces, with their phones already out on snapchat recording, "one,"

"happy new year!"

the two girls shouted with layla leaning into anna who's hand comes to her cheek, their lips in sync with their tongues now coming out in slight passionate kiss, "i love you,"

layla breathes out as her forehead aganist her girlfriend's head, "i love you too," layla pecked anna's lips again, "you're the love of my life,"

"my love,"

anna kissed layla's cheek making a tiktok with the girl dancing with anna's phone aganist the table, recording with layla's hand coming around anna's slim waist, "can't wait to get you out of this dress tonight," layla said kissing anna's neck.