songs for cooper

layla has spent days in her recording studio as she recorded a load of songs she produced for her best friend, she had one song that cooper had on his phone of her songs that was his favourite.

she made the album dedicated to her best friend, where jaden also did the same thing, making an album for his best friend.

layla spent time with her friends who were feeling the same things as she was, and even though her girlfriend didn't show her emotion around their friends much, layla knew her girlfriend wasn't okay.

and neither was she.

so the two of them spent two days together, healing and grieving by doing the things that cooper used to love doing, zack took them both skateboarding since layla knew that her best friend loved skateboarding.

anna and layla weren't the best at skateboarding but it was fun, it had always been a fun thing to do with cooper since he'd always try and help them learn and sometimes he'd just bully her and anna saying how bad they was, which was very true. layla and anna couldn't skateboard for shit.

in those two days, layla also got a tattoo on her bicep, a skateboard tattoo that had cooper's handwriting in the skateboard which wasn't too big, but big enough so you could see the writing inside. and that was by far her favourite tattoo yet.

____

"but i think i'm lost without you,"

layla felt a tear ran down her face, as she was playing along to the music video, even though the tears that fell down her face was real, since she was having flashbacks of her and cooper laughing, goofing around with each other.

anna stood on the sidelines watching her girlfriend who filmed her first music video for a song from cooper's album, watching layla with a sad frown seeing the tears that fell down her girlfriend's face.

she knew today wasn't a good day to film the music video, when would be? layla was still gonna feel the pain whenever she thought about her best friend who was taken from her so early on, so young in age.

she knew that days were going to be bad without cooper's inspiring words but she promised that she'd love her life the way the two of them had planned for her, she'd go on tour, she'd do amazing things whilst having cooper's presence in her heart.

"i think i'm lost without youuu,"

the beck female sang the last bit of her music video as the director called cut and that's when layla set her head down onto the keys of the piano, the tears running down her face.

everyone knew how bad she was hurting.

she was hurting so bad without her best friend, she needed cooper there with her. a hand touched her shoulder as a presence sat next to her, "it's okay," anna moved her hand from her girlfriend's shoulder down to her back, "i promise we're gonna be okay,"

layla turned her body so that it was fully facing her girlfriend as anna let her girlfriend come into her arms rubbing layla's back comfortably feeling the tears soaking through the shirt she wore.

____

layla knew for days that she wasn't going to feel the same as everyone else around her who had different ways of coping with losing a loved one.

for her, her coping mechanism was to scream and make sad songs or write sad lyrics on her notebook.

layla stood outside of fred and cooper's apartment, the apartment that layla helped pick out with them.

"layla, hey what are you doing here?"

fred opened the front door to his apartment seeing one of his roommate's closest best friend, layla looked at fred, the last time she had seen him was before cooper died, "um—"

she felt her hands start to tremble, "i-i don't know," fred frowned knowing how bad layla was, "are you having a panic attack? should i call anna?"

layla shook her head, "n-no, i'm-i'm f-fine," she looked at him, "i shouldn't of came, i'm sorry," fred watched as layla turnt back and started walking away from his apartment complex.

"layla! layla, wait!"

cooper's roommate stopped her with a hand placed on her arm as she stopped walking turning to face fred who held in his hand a hoodie of cooper's.

the same hoodie that she had last seen her best friend in, the same hoodie that she has cried on when her and anna broke up for the first time, "h-here," his hand was outstretched, "i know copper would of wanted you to have this,"

a tear came down her face, where her hand moves going to grab ahold of cooper's hoodie, "thank you fred," the male nods his head, "it's okay, i know that hoodie meant a lot to you so.." she sniffles, "thank you,"

he looked at her one last time before walking away from her feeling his eyes also start to water, layla entered her car where she sat in her car for a few minutes holding cooper's hoodie close to her chest, "why did you have to go so soon.."