thanksgiving dinner

layla was throwing a thanksgiving dinner at her apartment where she invited and paid for all of her family's flight to send christmas in her apartment and an airbnb close to her apartment since not all of her family could stay in her apartment.

she had chefs prior to thanksgiving make the meal as layla planned to make a turkey alongside her brother since it was kind of their tradition to do together when they weren't with their family or parents.

"okay! okay!" she clapped her hands looking at all of the chefs and people who she had paid to help her set up the thanksgiving dinner table for 100 people, "after you have done your part, you can leave and i will send you all the money later on,"

she was paying one thousand dollars per person since she needed this thanksgiving dinner to be perfect since she always had thanksgiving at her parents house back in arizona.

she needed this to be perfect. she hoped it would be.

anna comes towards her girlfriend, hands coming around her girlfriend's waist from behind seeing how tense she was, "hey, everything is going be perfect, stop stressing,"

she let out a breath, "i know," she held her girlfriend's hands what were over her stomach, "it's just—" she turnt in anna's arms, "this is the first time it's somewhere else beside my parents' house and i just want it all to be—"

"perfect," layla nods her head at what her girlfriend said, "exactly," anna rubbed her girlfriend's back, "everyone is going to love it, okay,"

"okay,"

the two shared a kiss as layla went towards where her recording studio in her apartment was, tuning out all of her nerves as she grabbed her acoustic guitar from its stand playing at the guitar strings looking to her notebook where she had a half written song there waiting to be completed.

_____

all of the chefs and people who helped out, all left two hours ago as layla was still in her recording studio as she finished her half written song that she had in her notebook now just playing around with some beats and strings to along with the lyrics.

"layla?" nick sturniolo comes into his friend's recording studio looking at how big the recording studio was, he knew his friend had money because of what she did but damn, "damn.."

layla turnt to look at nick, "hey nick," the sturniolo triplet smiled, "whatcha doing in here all by yourself?" he questioned her as he sat down in the chair beside her, "just calming myself down because i was stressing about how tomorrow is gonna go,"

nick put a hand to his friend's shoulder, "it's gonna be perfect, my parents said they'll be coming cause they want to meet you and everyone else," layla smiled at that wanting to meet her friend's parents since she had met most of her friend's parents.

"just so you know, every time i meet someone's parents they always seem to love me,"

nick chuckled at that, "i'm sure they would, you and my dad kind of have the same sense of humour," layla smiled at him, "i'll take that as a compliment since your dad is funny," she said because of the YouTube videos they do with their dad.

he looked at his friend, "come on," he takes the guitar from layla putting it onto the stand and then grabbing her hand, "basically everyone is downstairs and waiting for me to come and retrieve you so we can go and eat something,"

"what were we waiting for? let's go,"

nick rolled his eyes playfully behind his friend who walked in front of him at the mention of food, "why didn't i start with that?" he asked himself playfully, when they now stand in front of their friends, "where are we thinking of eating?"