permission slips

"five, six, seven, eight!"

another day spent at the wilkes academy as layla had stayed behind with her two dancers not wanting the academy's college dance teacher start to get mad at her for disturbing her lesson planned.

so layla stayed in bed until 12pm messaging and facetiming her girlfriend who spent her night with their friends having dinner, "again!" jean said to the dancers, "five—"

"five minute dance break!"

even though needed to recruit more dancers, she didn't want them to start performing bad because they are hydrated so she gave them a five minute break as she sees the dancers all chat to each other drinking their waters.

layla had her back turnt to kaila who then came in front of the singer who was doing some dance moves in the mirror stopping when she comes face to face with her recruited dancer, "hey,"

the dancer sent a smile to layla, "i have your permission slip, my parents signed the form but they also said that for me to go on this tour, what i'd need to bring and if they can your number or manager's number to make sure i'm safe," she mumbled as layla nods her head, "of course, yea, everything that you need will be yourself, clothes and your passport, that's basically it,"

she met the dancer's eyes, "and you will obviously will paid for coming with me on the tour," kaila nods her head, "i-i know that, but i don't really care about the money, this will be a good opportunity for me," layla smiled at that, "yea,"

"well, your impressing me, and your friends as well but i can't recruit all of them, that's why jean and jeff are tryna to catch some of you out," she spoke honestly to the wilkes academy dancer, "your five minute break is over,"

layla sipped on her water, "you do know that you don't need to dance anymore so you're recruited, right?" the girl nods her head as rose pulled her friend's arm to go back to their dance spaces as jean and jeff went back in front.

"and five, six, seven, eight!"

"we can go all the time, we can move fast, then rewind, when you put your body on mine, and collide, collide,"

her voice comes through the academy's speakers as the dancers all danced to what jean and jeff taught them or what they remembered from seeing layla dance to, "good job,"

the two dancers and singer go through the lines of the dancers nodding their head at the right moves and expression, "i like that," she said to a blonde headed boy who's name she forgot, who she had spent yesterday with as they had dinner together with some of the other dancers.

she, jean and jeff all shared looks at two of the wilkes academy dancer who they knew they wanted to be apart of layla's tour, "okay," layla went back to the front.

the music stopped as the dancers now all stopped dancing, looking at the singer who they love to listen to, "so everyone is doing amazing," she told the dancers, "the dancing is gonna continue, but if you get a tap on the shoulder then you're in, okay?"

the dancers all nod their heads, "okay, from the beginning!" the music repeated itself as the three professional dancers moved through thr lines with jean and jeff choosing two people each and layla doing the same tapping ruby and rose's shoulder halfway through the song.

when layla then tapped another person's shoulder who she liked at the boy's dance move, as the rest of the dancers who weren't choose all moved to receive their bags, "hey—" layla stopped them, "you all are fantastic dancers and if i could, i would've choose all of you,"

"but—" she looked at the students, "when i come and perform in swindon and london, you guys can all get backstage passes and front row seats, i promise you that," she told the not recruited dancers.

ruby, amy, kaila and rose all looked at each other as they were choosen to dance for the girl's world tour, "who's ready to start practicing for tour?" the recruited dancers all cheered, going into a huddle, "let's go!"

_____

"anna,"

the singer leant back on her double bed, "i wish you were to see their faces when they were recruited, babe—" she let the word slip off her lips, "they were all so excited,"

anna hummed, "i would be too," she told her girlfriend on the other side of the phone as anna was now at home and layla was in her hotel room, "if i got recruited by an amazing singer to dance in their world tour with them and get paid," anna said making layla chuckle, "half of them don't even care about the money, it's more about the opportunities they're gonna get now,"

anna nods her head, "imagine they can finish your world tour, their dms and emails are gonn be blowing up with brand deals," she told layla who smiled clutching her pillow to her chest, "most of them already are in brand deals,"

"babe—"

layla kept saying the word knowing that sometimes her girlfriend didn't care about her using the word, "these dancers, they are actually pretty attractive people," she told anna who went onto her phone looking at her girlfriends tiktok account.

to the post that her girlfriend made yesterday with some of the dancers at dinner, even though some of the people at the dinner weren't the ones layla recruited, who went through seeing the girls her girlfriend and jean, and jeff recruited and admitting that they are attractive people they recruited.

alanna was impressed with how quick layla had actual recruited people since the beck girl wanted her first world tour to be amazing so most times she took ages getting dancers to dance behind her in some of her concerts she does in los angeles and in boxing matches.

"okay—" layla sees her work vibrating to where her dancers all messaging about the times they are going to meet for dance rehearsals since tomorrow was a Saturday and how layla also said before how she needed to go back to los angeles for christmas and they started dance rehearsals on january the 6th in london.