going to michigan

layla had gotten back to la about two days, she talked to emma in person about what happened, they hugged it out, even though emma still liked layla, she knew layla was happier whenever she was with anna.

layla's photoshoot going amazingly as the photographer messaged kelly about how he would to do more photoshoots with layla in them loving the girl who was co-operated with everything he said.

but right now, layla and karina were going back to anna's house in michigan with her for six whole days, the three girls hugged their friends goodbye leaving just a house going with goose into his car as he drove them to the airport.

layla takes out her suitcase from goose's trunk along with anna's and karina's suitcase, layla played with her fingernails as she entered the airport with her mask on her face, following after anna to their terminal.

anna looked back to layla who half smiles underneath her mask, nervous to meet anna's parents as anna hadn't met layla's parents in person only on facetime.

they put their suitcases through the terminal going to get something to eat as they had an hour until their plane boarded, people came up to the three girls wanting to take pictures and make tiktoks with them.

layla takes anna's hand in hers with karina's hand in her other hand walking to chick-fil-a where the three girls ordered their food coming to sit down at a booth, taking their masks off of their faces.

layla looked at anna, "i'm nervous," anna and karina looked at their best friend, "why?" anna asked layla, "what if your parents or your friends don't like me," she said to anna, her nerves kicking in, "they'll like you layla, i promise.."

anna said leaning over holding layla's hand as she sat next to karina opposite layla, "okay," her nerves slightly calmed down, believing what anna was saying.

layla pulls her hand away from anna's hand seeing someone looking at them with furrowed eyebrows, anna looked at layla with a slight frown on her face, "what's up?"

layla frowns, "that person was looking at us weirdly, i didn't like it.." anna just nods her head looking at the guy who was looking at them with his eyebrows furrowed.

karina and anna both glared at the guy who now walked past them wanting to stop but didn't, not wanting to creep the three girls out, "he was creepy," layla said with karina and anna nodding her head, "very,"

layla sips on her coke as their food was now in front of them, layla bites into her nuggets as she has her potato fries next to her drink.

—————

layla lays her head on anna's shoulder as they were lifting off of the ground, anna smiled leaning her head against layla's head as karina smiled watching her friends who liked each other.

karina was on the window seat with layla in the middle and then anna on the isle seat, layla slowly closed her eyes tired from everything that has happened this week.

she hadn't had time to take a nap like she normally does once she does everything that she needs to do, anna interwined her fingers with layla's hand looking at her iphone coming onto tiktok.

she records her, layla and karina on the airplane as layla still had her head against anna's shoulder now going asleep, "she looks so cute sleeping," karina said to anna who nods her head.

"mhm—"

their air hostess comes towards them seeing layla sleeping on anna's shoulder, "do you guys need a pillow or anything?" anna shakes her head after looking to karina who shakes her head, "no, we're good, thank you though,"

the air hostess smiles behind her visor as anna looked down to layla seeing her wear her golf wang face mask, she and anna had bought together with t-shirts and some hoodies matching.

anna felt herself getting tired, yawning as karina looked out of the window, anna starts to close her eyes leaning her head against layla's head falling asleep.

layla's hand comes to anna's hand with their hands on anna's lap interwined with each other's, layla woke up two hours into the airplane ride rubbing at her eyes tiredly seeing her seat back in a tilted lying position.

karina looked away the window back to her best friend, "you're awake, thank god, i was starting to get bored," layla quietly chuckles seeing anna still asleep, "when she did fall asleep?"

layla asked karina, "a few minutes after you fell asleep," layla's eyes go over anna's face, looking at the girl sleeping before she looks away from anna feeling her phone vibrate in her pocket.

she takes it out of her hoodie seeing brad messaging her asking if their flight is okay, layla smiles at the message from brad, texting him back an response about how they are and how long they've got left on the plane.

karina looked at her best friend seeing layla look down to her and anna's interwined hands, "you know this time is gonna be different," layla nods her head listening to what karina said, "good, because i can't get hurt again,"

karina nods her head, "she likes you layla, she has since she first met you, i could tell from when she looking at you that first day you came to meet us," layla smiles remembering that moment, "i like her too,"

"i feel like we're in the third grade again," layla and karina both chuckled waking anna slowly up, who stretches out her arms showing the bottom of her stomach where layla stares at a bit before anna's hoodie covers it again.

"hey boon,"

anna smiled at the nickname coming from layla's mouth, she loved when everyone called her that but she especially loved it when layla said it to her.

—————

"brandon! tommy!"

anna hugged her two brothers when karina then hugs brandon and tommy, layla stood to the side with her suitcase in hand, tommy, anna's older brother looked at layla, "so you're layla,"

layla nods her head, "mh-hmm," she said looking at him, "and you're tommy, i've heard a lot about you from anna," tommy smiles, "me and brandon have heard a lot about you, but hopefully it's all good things,"

layla nods her head smiling, "yeah," tommy smiles when anna's little brother, brandon looked up at layla slightly mesmerised, "you're pretty,"

layla smiles looking down to brandon, "you're pretty cute too buddy," she said messing up brandon's hair who's cheeks redden going towards tommy's car getting into the passenger seat as tommy helped the girls put their suitcases into his car's trunk.

layla sat in the middle back seat with anna and karina either side of her, layla and anna's hands interwining with each other's hands smiling.

layla was excited to meet anna's parents as meeting anna's brothers calmed her nerves down a bit from the way they were with her, hopefully anna's parents were the same as tommy and brandon.