wanna go home

layla for the first time in a week hadn't thought about or even cried about the death of her best friend as she had taken her mind off of cooper's death and put all of the memories she shared with her best friend into a special place.

to be fair, she did have a small breakdown in her car when she had seen a poloroid picture her and cooper had taken and put it behind her driver's seat sun visor.

after a few minutes of crying, she went back to her photoshoot where she had the photoshoot's makeup artist fix her makeup what she had ruined by tearing up.

she was happy. she wasn't as happy as she'd like to be. but she was happy enough to know that cooper wouldn't of wanted her to keep crying over his death.

layla spent time with sab and nessa since she knew her best friends were also going through the same thing as she was, since sab was cooper's soulmate and nessa was cooper's other best friend besides her.

at the photoshoot, she had sab and nessa supporting her behind the scenes with anna also supporting her girlfriend.

____

layla had been on tiktok but hadn't posted anything after cooper's death, all she do on the app was just watch tiktoks people had mentioned her in what showed her small clips of her and cooper together messing around.

she let out a breath, layla had made a draft when cooper had died of all of the tiktoks the two had made together and put it into a small 3 minutes tiktok where she captioned the video, 'thank you cooper for the past three years we've known each other, this is the hardest thing i have ever had to write, thank you cooper, thank you for everything you have done for me, i am forever grateful coop, i love you angel'.

she posted the video turning her phone off, leaving her phone in her bedroom, getting off of her bed going down the steps of her apartment passing her friends who happened to be in her apartment, and out of the door where she walked through the street of los angeles without no cellphone.

and she didn't care. she didn't care because she knew where she was going. she was going to the one place that she knew someone would find her in.

layla continued walking with cooper's hood over her head as she didn't want to be recognised walking to her destination.

once she made it to her destination, she sat herself in the church's chair looking up to jesus that was placed above the ceremony as her face was stone cold showing no emotion.

and she stayed there like that for ages.

____

layla was out of her mind. anna was worried sick not knowing where her girlfriend had gone to, with their friends also worrying for layla's safety knowing she wasn't exactly her.

"layla! layla!"

the group called out looking around her apartment area, "where the hell did she go?" anna ran a hand through her head, "why did no one follow after her?"

everyone shrugged their shoulders as anna took out her car keys and made her way to her car, "anna! where are you going?" emma asked her best friend, "i'm going to my girlfriend,"

anna drove away from her girlfriend's apartment complex driving slowly as she looked at the pavements of los angeles searching for her girlfriend, "layla! where are you!"

zack who was sat in the girl's passenger seat looked at his friend, "i think i may know where she went," anna turned to zack, "okay, carry on,"

"i think she went to church,"

anna drove straight towards the church leaving her car running as zack stayed behind when the girl runs inside the church's building spotting her girlfriend sitting in a chair all by herself.

"lele?"

layla didn't turn to face her girlfriend, as anna now stands in front of her girlfriend, looking at her girlfriend who had on cooper's hoodie that layla had last seen her best friend in, "layla," the girl tore her eyes away from jesus now looking to her girlfriend who looked worried sick.

layla opened and closed her mouth, "what-what are you doing here?" anna furrowed her eyebrows, "we-i was worried about you, you-" layla looked up at anna, "you haven't been yourself lately,"

anna said as layla looked down to her shaking hands, "i don't like it—" anna sat down next to layla now holding her girlfriend's hands, "don't like what?"

layla sniffled, "i don't like being here without cooper," anna frowned, "this isn't fair, he was so young," anna brings her girlfriend into her chest as layla cried into her jacket, "he-he—"

anna rubbed her back, "i know, i know," she leaned her head onto layla's shoulder, "i miss him too," layla pulled back from her girlfriend with tears coming down her face seeing anna reaching out to touch her tear stained face, "he was our best friend, but he's here with us.." she touched her girlfriend's chest where her heart would be, "and he always will be,"

"i wanna go home,"

anna nods her head, "we'll go home," layla shook her head, "no, i wanna go home to arizona," she sniffled, "i just wanna be in my mom's arms," anna rubbed her arm, "is that okay?"

"it's okay,"