152. The Scent Of Fear

🖤🖤Hello, My amazing and wonderful
🎶Omega Crew!🎶
I hope you have all had a wonderful day! I hope you have all eaten and remembered to hide any evidence of your crimes.🖤🖤

⚠️ This chapter will have some blood and violence⚠️

❤︎𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐩❤︎
Hinata looked out the window, continuing to wait for an elephant to come out. Kageyama sat there quietly, also watching out the window and occasionally looking at Hinata, who appeared to be extremely happy. He liked to see him like that. It made him feel good.

Suddenly he watched as Hinata's facial expression changed from being excited and happy to almost fearful.

"What's wrong?" Kageyama asked, worried about what could have caused the sudden change in his demeanor.

Hinata shook his head, trying to clear away whatever thoughts he had.

"Nothing... I just thought I smelled the scent of someone..." he said nervously.

"Who?" Kageyama asked and began to look around the restaurant for anyone who could even remotely be a threat to Hinata.

"It's fine. It was probably my imagination." Hinata tried to laugh it off as the waitress came back with their food.

Kageyama had a weird feeling in the pit of his stomach after that, forcing him to become hyper-aware of their surroundings.

"Really, it's okay, " Hinata said as he began to eat his tiger shaped bun.

Kageyama let out a sigh and started to eat his curry.

"Whos scent did you think you smelled?" He asked, still worried.

"My uncle, "
❤︎𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐩❤︎

Kageyama felt his whole body tense up, remembering the things that had happened to Hinata because of his uncle. He felt his body as it almost tingled with anger.

Hinata wrinkled his nose a bit at the scent of dominance and protective pheromones that Kageyama was unknowingly releasing.

Hinata was quiet for a moment as he looked around, scanning the area for anyone that could resemble his uncle. Letting out a sigh of relief, he scooted his plate across the table towards Kageyama, then stood up and moved his chair to be sitting next to Kageyama instead of across from him.

"I feel safer if I'm next to you, " he said quietly and went back to eating his tiger shaped bun.

Kageyama's scent went back to a more normal smell as he calmed down a little, feeling better now that Hinata was next to him.

They continued to eat their food in silence, Hinata continuously looking out the window, waiting for an elephant. Suddenly they heard a thudding sound and a trumpet-like noise as two Elephants came around the corner of their habitat and into Hinata and Kageyama's view.

Hinata watched in excitement as the sizeable gray creature made its way to the watering hole with a smaller version of itself trotting close behind. 

"That's Tilda... She's cute, " he said with a small and excited laugh as he pointed to the baby elephant that curiously stuck its trunk into the water.

"You're cute too, " Kageyama said in an almost inaudible whisper, not catching the words as they left his mouth.  A light tint ran across his face realizing he had just said that out loud and not in his head.

Hinata let out a small giggle as he leaned his head against Kageyama's shoulder. Kageyama remained silent, deciding he didn't want to ruin this moment.