back to bed - jjk

you shift around in the bed, eventually waking up to the rain hitting the window. you sit up slowly and look next to you. he sleeps soundly, one hand under his cheek and the other loosely draped around your waist. you smile down at him. you pick up his arm gently and place it next to him then slowly get out of bed, making your way downstairs into the kitchen.

he shifts around in the bed, eventually waking up when he doesn't feel you next to him. he rubs his eyes and quickly looks around. he gets up slowly and puts on a sweatshirt. he peeks in the bathroom. nothing. he puts his hood up then walks down the stairs to see you standing in front of the sliding door leading out to the balcony. he sighs of relief.

you jump slightly and turn around when you hear him walking towards you. he laughs softly and snakes his arm around your waist. "scare you?" you nod and tell him you thought you were alone.

he hugs you tight. "i don't sleep well when you're not next to me," you smile into his chest. he kisses your hair. "why are you up?" he asks, rubbing your back. you tell him the rain woke you up. he nods and looks out the window with you.

it's silent for a while. just him with his arms around you. yours around him. his lips pressed against the top of your head. you close your eyes and take in his smell. he always smelled good.

"come back to bed with me," he softly whispers against your hair. you nod and walk with him back to your shared room. he takes off his sweatshirt and gets under the covers, holding them open for you to lay with him. you climb in and let him hold you close.

"you know i love you," he says to you, opening one of his eyes and looking at you. you tell him you know, saying i love you back. he smiles and closes his eyes.

"i'm gonna marry you," he kisses your forehead and falls asleep with his lips there.

you smiled to yourself and squeezed him tight, falling asleep with him.