a good one - jhs

you talk back at him, raising your voice. he shakes his head. "you're seriously fighting with me over this?"

you throw your hands in the air and let them fall back at your sides. you felt defeated. he said to always be open about concerns. and he was getting mad.

"i told you to be open if it was something needed to be talked about. this is just ridiculous," he forces a laugh. you tell him that him not being home for a week straight is not ridiculous.

"and i told you that we are busy. there isn't anything i can do. i can't help you there," you look at him in disbelief. he stares back at you. you shake your head and walk to the bedroom, locking the door.

nothing but anger coursed through your veins. you hadn't seen him in a week. all your texts and calls were cut short. he never tried to get back to you. you sat at home, alone, waiting up for him.

you knew he was a busy. you never got upset when he was. but this was something extreme. he had never acted like this.

you took a shower to calm yourself. you dressed in shorts and a sweatshirt and open the door. you hear talking in the living room.

"mom she's mad at me," you take a step back. you listen. "i've been trying to make this perfect. i cant keep this up."

what perfect? keep what up?

you shut the bedroom door so he knows you're coming. he quickly says bye and looks up when you walk into the living room. you ask what that was about.

"you heard?" you nod. you tell him what you heard him say. he throws his head back and curses at himself. he covers his face and rubs. you tilt your head and look at him.

he stands up. he walks to his jacket hanging by the door.

he pulls out a box.

you look at him. he walks over to you and holds your hand.

"well," he gets down on one knee and you cover your mouth.

"i've been planning a huge way of proposing to you," you cover your face.

"i didn't mean for you to get mad at me. i can't hide surprises well. it's too much. i've been distant because i knew i'd fuck up," you eyes well up with tears.

"so please," he squeezes your hand. "say yes. and stay with me forever."

you wrap your arms around him. you smile in his neck. he holds you tight. you tell him you're sorry for getting mad.

"no baby," he pulls away and pushes your hair out of your face. "you had every right to be," he laughs and wipes your tears.

he slides the ring on your finger. he smiles at you.

you smile back.

he's a good one.