couldn't ever - ksj

you sat across from each other, silently eating dinner. neither of you wanted to talk. not after that argument. you pick at the food on your plate. he sits and drinks some water. he looks at you. you keep your eyes on your plate, though you feel them on you.

he stands up, putting his dish in the sink. you do the same. he brushes past you. you sigh as he leaves the room. you wash the dishes. you put them away.

you sit on the couch, wrapping a blanket around your body. you watch the snow outside fall faster and faster. you've always liked winter. it brought comfort.

he walks into the living room, seeing you on the couch. you look over at him. he sighs softly. you look back out the window. you feel the couch dip next to you. you turn your head. he's already looking at you.

he opens his hand. you reach out and hold it. he softly traces it with his other hand.

"i don't like fighting with you," he breaks the silence. you look at him. "it hurts me." he looks at you.

you talk to him. you talk to him about the argument. about how dumb it was. how you both shouldn't have acted the way you acted. you apologize. he does too.

you pull the blanket tighter around you. he notices. he stands up and holds out his hand. you take it and follow him into the bathroom.

"let's take a bath," you raise your eyebrow. he looks at you. "babe i can see you shaking. baths are warm. they're good for you," he pauses. "plus i get to see you naked."

you smack his chest and he laughs. "i'm serious. just sit in here with me," he takes off his shirt. you sigh and do the same. you climb in with him.

you sit across from him. he talks to you for hours. you felt comfort from him.

he was happy with you. and an argument couldn't ever change that.