take my brain - kth

he opens the door to your dark bedroom, closing the door softly. you grip your head, rubbing softly to try and make the pain go away. he walks over and crouches next to your head.

"hey," he whispers softly. he gently rubs your temple and. you wince in pain from the pressure. he stands back up and takes off his shoes. he walks to the bathroom and finds medication and brings it out, a glass of water in his other hand. he kneels back down.

"take these baby," he whispers. he helps you sit up and holds the glass as you chug the water. you squeeze your eyes shut as the blood rushes to your head. he kisses your forehead. "good."

he walks into the closet and changed out of this clothes. he puts on a sweatshirt and sweatpants and walks back into the room. he walks around the bed and picks up the covers then slides in next to you.

you turn your body towards him and let him pull you into his chest. he moves his hand right underneath your head and rubs softly. you close your eyes and bury your head in his neck.

"does this help?" he asks quietly and you nod softly. he nods with you and kisses your hair. you tell him that you're sorry that your frequent migraines get in the way all the time. you feel bad that he feels the need to leave work early to take care of you.

he shakes his head. "no baby," he says and hugs you tighter. "there's nothing i'd rather do."

you feel good knowing you had him. knowing he was constantly there to help you. knowing he didn't care what it took. he was always going to be there.

he kisses your hair again. you listen to his heartbeat.

"i could give you my brain and ill take yours," you slowly look at him from the random statement. he smiles. "i'd rather be put through this pain than watch you go through it," he twirls a piece of your hair in between his fingers.

you lay your head back down on his chest. you smile to yourself. he looks up at the ceiling. he smiles to himself.

the thing is, you know he would do it if he had the chance.

and that's why you loved him.