ring - jjk

"hey baby will you go into our room and grab my notebook," he looks up at you. he still continues to type on his computer. you nod and run into your bedroom.

you walk over to his bedside table and open the drawer. his notebook sits there. you pick it up and flick through it.

something catches your eye. you furrow your eyebrows. you flick through it again. you stop at a page full of sketches.

"wedding rings"

your heart stops. you stare at the page. tons of tiny drawings of rings fill the page. little notes are attached at the bottom of the page.

"doesn't need a huge ring (i'm getting her a huge ring)"
"likes simple rings"
"call her mom about different cuts she likes"
"color: ??"
"ring size: 6"
"price: anything"

you stare at the page for what seems like forever. you shouldn't have flipped through. you spoiled it for yourself. he's getting you a ring. a ring that he designed. how could you let this happen?

"did you find my.." he stops and looks at you. his eyes widen when he realizes what you're looking at. you can't seem to take your eyes off the page. you can't look at him. you just stare at the beautiful drawings he has.

he mentally curses at himself. he knew he should've gotten it himself. his plan was ruined. you weren't moving though. he began to worry. did you not like the idea? did you not see yourself marrying him?

"baby," he says. you stay frozen. he walks over and takes the notebook out of your hands. he holds your cheeks. "are you ok?" you look up at him. you ask him what those sketches are for. he looks at the notebook laying in the bed. he looks back at you.

"they're for you," he says. his heart was racing. he didn't know what you were thinking. "i just got to thinking one day about rings and i felt like it'd be more meaningful if i designed it myself but i also want to make sure that you-"

you press your lips to his. he holds your waist. you wrap your arms around his neck. he relaxes. you pull away and press your forehead to his.

"you weren't supposed to find those," he laughs lightly. you smile. you didn't care. neither did he. not anymore.

he knew you what you had in mind. you knew what he had in mind. you never said it out loud to each other. but you both knew.

———
idea credits: @/di0rwings on twitter