care - ksj

you sit on the edge of the bed, rubbing his back softly. he coughs into the pillow, rubbing his throat after. you press your hand to his forehead and he closes his eyes.

"i don't like this," he says, his voice clearly gone. you shake your head and tell him he doesn't need to say anything.

you get up and get him water and medicine. you carefully help him sit up so he can take the pills and drink the water, then lay him back down to rest. you kiss his forehead and start out of the room.

he grabs your hand before you can leave. "where are you going?" he asks, looking up at you through puffy eyes. you tell him you want to let him rest. he shakes his head.

"i can't rest with you in another room," he truthfully admits. you nod and climb into bed next to him.

he wraps one arm around your waist and lays his head on your chest. you run your fingers through his hair and hold onto his arm around your waist.

he suddenly sits up fast, getting out of bed and running to the bathroom. you run in after him, holding a blanket. he crouches over the toilet, coughing and gagging.

after awhile, he leans back into your chest, his cheeks wet with tears. he rests his head on your shoulder and you cover him with a blanket, wrapping your arms around his shoulders.

"that was so gross," he mumbles and you laugh softly, rubbing his head to help him relax. he closes his eyes and slowly drifts off to sleep.

"i love you," he quietly says before falling. you kiss his head and lay there with him on the bathroom floor.