in the soup - ksj

he stood in the kitchen in front of the stove. he had a wooden spoon in his hand, constantly stirring the concoction in the pot.

you smelled it from the bedroom. you got up and walked to where he was. you wrap your arms around his waist from behind. he turns his head. he smiles when he sees you.

"hi babe," he says, turning his head back to watch the pot in front of him. you ask what he's making.

"yoongi told me to try this soup. i'm trusting him that it's good," you laugh softly. you kiss his shoulder. he turns his head. he kisses your hair.

you loosen your grip around his waist. he drops the spoon. he grabs your hands and pulls them back around him.

"don't leave," he says. you smile against his shoulder. he holds your hands around his waist. you stay like this for a long time.

he eventually turns himself around. he leans against the counter and hugs you properly. you lay your head on his chest. he rubs your shoulder with his thumb. it was silent. a good silent. a comforting silent.

he takes one hand and grabs the spoon. he scoops up some broth. he blows on it before holding it in front of your mouth. you slurp it off the spoon. you nod your head. it was good. he smiles.

"good," he says. he turns off the burner and puts the soup into a bowl. you stand in the kitchen and eat with him. he finishes before you. you give him what you don't finish. he always takes it. he hated wasting food.

he puts his arms up to stretch. he screams. he likes to scream-stretch. you jump. he laughs at you.

"you get scared everytime," he pulls you into a hug. you hold him close. he waddles over to the couch, his arms still around you. he lays with you on his chest. he passes out almost immediately.

you lay there for a while. you listen to his heartbeat.

a beautiful sound. a beautiful boy.