red lights - kth

he looks back from his desk, seeing you lay in his bed. you stared out the window, your back to him. the day was long. you were exhausted. his company was all you needed. you didn't mind him working. you just liked his presence.

he turns back to his desk. he shuts his computer. he stands up, sliding on the bed next to you. he tightly wraps his arm around your waist. you hold his hand, squeezing softly.

"you ok?" he says, kissing behind your ear. you shrug. he rubs circles on your bare skin under your shirt. you close your eyes.

"you wanna go for a drive?" you smile to yourself. you turn around and nod. he smiles "i knew you would."

he stands up and grabs his keys. you take one of his hoodies. he puts one on. you leave the hood up. he smiles. he leaves his up. "let's go."

he takes your hand and walks with you to his car. it was dark out. the street lights shone brightly. you slid into the passenger seat. he got in the drivers side.

he started driving. he held his hand on your thigh. you rested your hand on top of his, folding your fingers into his. he smiles. "cute."

you talk to him about your day. he talks to you about yours. music played softly in the background. you kept your eyes on him. you liked watching him speak.

he stops at the red light. he takes his hand and holds your cheek, pulling you towards him. he kisses you gently. slowly. you smile against his lips. he pulls away as the light turns green.

"goddamnit," he curses. you look at him. he looks over at you. "fuckin' green lights."

you laugh. he looks at you. a smile painted on his lips. he continues driving.

he reaches a yellow light. he slams on the breaks. you hold your hands out in front of you. you look over at him. you ask what he was thinking.

"i needed more of you," he says, pulling you back in.

you smile.

red lights were your favorite.