hardest part - knj

you sit with him in the airport chairs. you head was lying on his shoulder. he held your hand. you held his arm with your free hand. he kissed your head.

his gate number was announced. his flight was boarding. he rubs your leg and stands up with you. he stood in front of you. you took a deep breath and let out a sigh. he wraps his arms around you.

you hug him tight. he held you close. you closed your eyes, your head against his chest. he didn't want to let go. and he didn't. not for a long time.

you hated when he left. he didn't like leaving you. but what can you do? he had to go. he had to do what he loved. you just wish you could watch him. watch him enjoy every second on stage.

he closed his eyes. he rubbed your shoulder with his thumb. he wishes you could go with. it doesn't always work out. it was hard for him to spend months without you. it was hard to not be able to talk to you all day. but he pushed through it. he loved what he did. he just wishes you could see him. see him enjoy every second on stage.

you didn't let go for a long time. and neither did he. not until the last call to board his flight came over the speakers.

he pulled away and looked at you. he held your face in his hands. he kissed you. you kissed him back. you held him close to your body. you didn't care if people stared. neither did he. he wanted every last minute with you. all he could get.

"i love you," he says. you hug him again. he kisses your hair. "we'll be ok." you nod. you were not going to cry in front of him. he would've started crying if you did.

he turned around and walked into the tunnel.

he looked back at you. you waved at him. he smiled and winked. you smiled back.

that was the hardest part.

seeing him leave.