to the moon - knj

tw/ death

"what's that??" she points up to the sky. he smiles and picks her up. he points with her.

"it's the moon. it's pretty isn't it?" she nods fast.

"i wanna go to the moon," her eyes were big. he laughs and smiles.

"well you sure can. i'll make sure you do."

"she's brain dead."

you sit in the chair next to her bed. you can't move. you feel numb. tears fall down your face. you look at him.

he hangs his head down. he's holding her hand. he didn't want to believe it. not his little girl.

"we have to take her off life support. i'm so sorry. you take as much time as you need," the nurse leaves the room.

you hear him start to cry. you walk over to him. you hold onto his shoulders. you cry with him. he holds her little hand to his lips. he shakes his head.

"what did we do wrong?" he cries. you hold him tighter. he cries harder.

you pull away. you hold her other hand. she laid with her eyes closed. tubes and wires were connected to her. you didn't want her in pain anymore. a two-year-old didn't deserve this pain.

he stood up. he pressed his forehead to hers. he closed his eyes.

he prayed. something he had never done before.

his tears hit her cheeks. he kissed her hair.

"take her to the moon for me," he whispers quietly.

her heart monitor sounds.