the moment - jjk

"what was the moment for you?"

he looked at you and pondered your question. the moment he knew he loved you. the moment he knew that he wouldn't be able to look at you and not feel butterflies in his stomach.

oh, he knew the moment.

he sat in the living room with a couple of the members, eyes glued to the screen. he hears the door open and turns to see you walk in. he feels a smile grow on his face and he bites his lips, trying to conceal it. he watches you walk around the couch and he moves over, making space for you to sit next to him.

the members look over and him and laugh to tease him. he looks back at them with a straight face, not wanting them to embarrass him. he liked you. a lot. he had to tell you.

a blanket rested over the two of you and you held one of your knees to your chest and your other leg was relaxed over the edge of the seat. he has his legs spread apart and his hand in a fist resting on his cheek. his heart was racing. he was so close to you. he didn't want to move. he didn't want you to move.

as the movie continued, he grew more and more impatient. he had to tell you. he had no idea what the plot of the movie was. all he knew is that you were enjoying it. he liked watching you instead.

he sat up closer to you. your hand was resting on your thigh under the blanket. he slid his hand under and found yours, gently interlocking it with his.

you slowly close your fingers and squeeze. you see him smile out of the corner of your eye. you bit the inside of your cheek to stop you from smiling.

he kept his eyes on the screen. he rubs his thumb over your hand for a long time. he wanted to pull you on top of him and hold you close. he wanted to fall asleep with you in his arms. but holding your hand under a blanket was enough for him right now.

you look to your right and see the members passed out. you smile softly and face the screen again. you slowly rest your head on his shoulder.

he smiles. his heart starts racing. he lets go of your hand and wraps his arm around your shoulder. he prays that you don't feel his heart beating through his chest.
you smile to yourself.

you look at up him. he looks down at you.

he carefully holds your cheek and presses his lips to yours. you completely melt in his arms. he kisses you slowly for what seems like eternity. you don't mind. he has soft lips.

he pulls away and bites his lip. you smile at him.

no words needed. he holds you close to his chest. you lay your head back on his shoulder.

you felt good. he felt love.

"that was the moment," he says, tucking your hair behind your ear. you smile at him and kiss him sweetly.

little did he know.

that, too, was your moment