nothing - jhs

"we're done,"

you feel your heart sink in your chest. your eyes widen. you freeze in your spot. you don't say anything. you don't move. you just stare at him.

"get out," he points to the door.

you stay in your spot. you had an audience. the staff stood around, looking down in silence. the members stare at him. his face was red. he was close to crying. he couldn't. not in front of you.

"now," he yells.

you force yourself to move your feet. you grab your bag and shove the door open, slamming it behind you. you run to your car. you let the tears fall down your face.

you couldn't believe this was happening.

he slowly turns around, locking eyes with his boss. his breathes heavy. tears of anger rush down his face.

"do you realize what you just fucking did?" he spits through clenched teeth.

"i'm tired of seeing you not taking your job seriously because of her," his boss sits in the chair with his arms crossed.

"what do you mean? she doesn't distract me-"

"but she does," he stands up. "she's a huge distraction," he walks around the desk and leans on it.

"no she's not," he was getting angry. "she's supportive and everyone loves her here. even the staff."

"you need to leave her."

his heart explodes.

"or you're fired."

he stands up fast. he gets close to his face. "you can't make me do that,"

"but i can," he laughs in his face.

"and you're gonna choose." he walks back behind his desk and sits.

"you have two hours."

"answer me," he yells, slamming his fist on the table.

the members come up behind him and rest a hand on his back. he shoves them off. staff members stand around, staring at the boss himself. he stood in embarrassment.

"you feel good about yourself knowing that i just had to tell her that in front of everyone who loves her?" he yells louder.

his boss stays quiet.

he clenched his fists at his sides. he couldn't hit him. he knew he couldn't. he's the boss. he loved what he did. but he loved you too.

"what kind of fucking person makes someone choose between two things they love the most in life?" he screams. the members gather the staff and exit the room. one of them stays behind. to keep an eye on him.

"you're the one who chose this career over her."

he raises a fist. his friend grabs his arm and yanks it down. he shoves him back.

"you can't let yourself lose both now," he quietly says.

he clenches his jaw. he takes a deep breath. he turns around and storms out of the room.

you didn't mean nothing to him.

you meant everything to him.

and he would stop at nothing to make sure you were his again.