flight - jjk

he yawns while waiting in line. he looks down and grabs your hand, interlacing his fingers with yours. you lean your head on his arm. his kisses your head over your hoodie.

he hands the stewardess the tickets and walks with you down the tunnel and into the plane. he walks in front of you. he keeps your hand in his. he stops in front of his seats. he steps back so you can sit near the window. he knows you like to look at the clouds.

you sit down and set your bag under your seat. you rub your eyes as he sits next to you. he lifts the armrest in between you two, allowing you to comfortably lay on his shoulder.

you wait a while before the plane takes off. he lets you squeeze his hand when you get nervous. he thinks it's cute. you stare out the window. the sun was rising and the sky was a dark pink color. it was beautiful.

he taps your knee softly. you look over and see him holding one earbud.

"take it," he says. you put it in your ear. he puts the other in his. he plays music for the two of you.

you lay your head back on his shoulder. he had his hand on your inner thigh close to your knee. he rubbed softly with his thumb. you held his arm.

"rest baby," he kisses your head. you close your eyes. "ill wake you when we pass something pretty."

you smile to yourself. he knew you liked to look at pretty things. just like he liked looking at you.

he plays soft music that reminds him of you. he feels you asleep on his shoulder. he leans his cheek on the top of your head.

he stayed awake for a while. he was busy making sure you stayed asleep. he knew you had trouble sleeping on planes. you didn't like the pressure in your ears.

he bobbed his head up and down as he got more and more sleepy. he fixed his head so it would stay. he kissed your head one more time. he fell asleep quickly.

it was easy for him. especially when you were close by.