pouring - ksj

rain is pouring down and the lightning lights up the room. he sits next to you and jumps at the clap of thunder. you smile and laugh.

"this is no laughing matter. zeus is pissed off right now," he says, eyes locked on the weather outside. you laugh once again and rub the nape of his neck. he turns to look at you. you tell him zeus might just be having a bad day. he laughs lightly and nods, looking back outside. "that could be," he says.

he turns back towards you and holds your legs in his lap. he rubs your knee softly. you ask if he's afraid of thunderstorms.

he tilts his head. "not afraid. i like the rain. thunder just makes me jump," you nod in agreement. you tell him it's because you never know when it's coming. "exactly," he says. "it comes when it pleases."

you smile at him. he holds your cheek and softly rubs circles on your temple. you turn your head and kiss his hand. he smiles at you.

"you have soft hair," he says, twirling a piece in between his fingers. you thank him. he looks back up at you. you look at him.

it stays silent for a long time. just you looking into his eyes. just him holding your hand. he traces around your knuckles. the room lights up again. you tell him to plug his ears. he does so. thunder shakes the house.

"my hero," he says in a sarcastic tone. you throw your head back and laugh as he hugs you tightly, pulling you down to lay with him.

"i love you, you know," he says with his hand at the bottom of your back. you nod and turn your head and rest your chin on his chest. you return the i love you.

he smiles and puckers his lips. you smile back and kiss him sweetly. he holds you tight.

this is all you need.