what if i asked you? - myg

he sat at the counter watching you cook dinner. he liked when you cooked dinner. he thought your cooking was impressive.

"hey," he says after a long silence. you look up at him. "if i asked you to marry me right now, what would you say?" you freeze. you repeat his question. he nods.

you set the food down and wash your hands. you tell him you would love to marry him. you'd love to settle down with him. you wanted him to feel comfortable. you wanted him to be sure that he was willing to put in that responsibility. you worry because he's a busy man. you don't want him throwing that away because of marriage.

he listens to you talk. marriage isn't a responsibility to him. he doesn't think of marriage as a type of duty you have to handle everyday. it's something you want to experience everyday. something you look forward to everyday. he couldn't not smile at the thought of it. the thought of it with you.

you look at him after you finish talking. you ask him why he thought of that question. he just shrugged.

"i was honestly curious," you nod and continue cooking. he smiles at your back.

he walks around the counter and behind you. he pulls out a box. he puts his hand on your back. you turn around.

"you wanna spend forever with me?"

he kneels down, holding the box in his hands.

you cover your mouth as tears start falling. he smiles and laughs at your reaction. you ask if hes serious.

"very serious," he replies. you tell him yes. he slides the ring on your finger. he stands up. you throw yourself on him. he catches you and holds you tight.

"i love you baby," he says into your ear. you kiss him long and hard. you return the i love you.

you didn't mind spending the rest of your life with him. life with him would be nothing less than paradise