we'll be alright - ksj

he holds your hand on his knee, softly bouncing it up and down. you stare at the ground. you hated this part. the airport was empty. it was too early in the morning. you were the only two at the terminal. he had to get on a separate flight from the members. you had a little extra time with him because of it.

"you ok?" he asks. you nod softly. you continue staring at the floor. he sighs.

"hey," he quietly says. he lifts his arm around your shoulder. you scoot in close. he hugs you tight and presses his lips to your forehead. "we'll be alright."

you tell him you know. everything was going to be ok. you just worried that it wouldn't. you always worries about his safety. about the chance he would have to be away for longer. about the time difference. it sucked. but there was nothing you could do.

you turn your head and hide in his neck. he rubs the back of your head, calming you down. you take a deep breath and hug him tighter.

his flight gets announced for final boarding time. you stand with him. he holds you close. he presses his lips to your hair. you close your eyes. you hold onto his jacket. 

"here," he lets go and slides off his jacket. he wraps it around you, letting you put it on. he smiles softly. "better."

you laugh and hug him again. he holds your face in his hands and kisses you for a long time. you kiss back. he pulls away and looks at you. he brushes his thumbs against your cheeks.

"i love you," he whispers. you kiss him again.

he picks up his bags and starts down the terminal. he turns around and drops his bags, making a big heart with his arms. you throw your head back and laugh. he smiles amd picks his bags up again, walking onto the plane.

it killed him to leave you.

he wanted to see you smiling before he left.