hold your breath - ksj

you pull a long t-shirt over your body. you slide on your sunglasses and walk into the living room. you hear flopping coming from the hallway. you look over.

he wears flippers on his feet and goggles over his eyes. he smiles big.

"i'm ready," you throw your head back and laugh. he laughs with you. he takes the goggles and flippers off. he kisses your head. "i just wanted to see you smile."

you tell him he did a good job. he smiles. "i know."

you both hadn't gone on a swimming date before. though he had a pool in his backyard, it's something you didn't do often. he was busy often. there's not much time for dates.

but he took the day off for you. he wanted the entire day just with you.

you both walk outside and sit on the chairs. he immediately runs and jumps in. you smile watching him. you put on some sunscreen. he hangs on the wall, looking at you.

"you look pretty," you stand up and sit on the edge of the concrete, hanging your legs in the water. you thank him.

he rests his arms on your thighs. he kisses your knee. you run your hand through his hair. he closes his eyes and smiles. he grabs your hands and gently pulls you in. you wrap an arm around his shoulder. he holds your thighs around his waist. you smile at him. he spins slowly.

"i like this," he says. you agree with him.

you press your lips to his. he smiles.

"hold your breath," he mumbles against your lips. you take a deep breath. he kisses you and pulls you under with him. he holds your hips. you smile. you swim back up and wipe your eyes.

he comes up and kisses you again.

"can we have a contest to see who can hold their breath the longest?"

you laugh. he smiles. you say ok.

you beat him.

he always let you.

he liked to see you smile.