exhausted - jjk

you walk through the front door and straight to the bedroom. you change into comfier clothes. his sweatshirt. his joggers. you climb into bed. you pull the blankets over your freezing body. you stare out the window. the rain falls harder as time passes.

you were exhausted. mentally, physically, emotionally exhausted. you were dried out. there were no tears. just laying down. staring out the window.

he comes home shortly after you. he sees your bags sitting at the doorway. he knows you put your things away when you come home. it concerned him that you didn't today. he walks up to the bedroom. he comes in and sees you lying in bed.

he walks over and sits on the edge of the bed. he looks at you. you keep your eyes glued on the window. he puts his hand on your thigh. you look up at him. he smiles softly.

"what's wrong?" he asks. you don't answer.

he looks out the window. he looks back at you. he stands up and down walks around the bed. he takes off his jacket and gets under the covers.

he rests his hand on your waist and gently pulls. you slowly turn over and face him. he moves your hair out of your face. he stretches his arm out. you move closer, resting your head on his tattooed bicep. he rubs your head with the same hand.

"you look pretty," he whispers. he hopes to lighten the mood. you smile. he smiles back.

you stretch your arm over his waist. he pulls you close to him. he reaches his hand under your sweatshirt. he runs his fingers up and down your back.

you stare blankly at the ceiling. he notices.

"baby," he quietly says. you look at him. "rest."

you let out a breath. you feel a wave of emotions rush over your body. you move your head into his neck. he feels your tears on his shoulder. he rubs your back.

he comforts you for a long time. you felt good around him. he never made you feel bad for crying. he never told you to stop. he embraced it. he helped you.

he keeps his lips pressed against your forehead. you close your eyes. he moves his lips down, kissing yours. you smile softly.

"i love you."