for yourself - ksj

tw/ eating disorder

he stands at the counter, finishing up dinner for the two of you. you sit on the couch, hugging your knees to your chest. he walks over to the dinner table and sets the plates down.

"dinners ready babe," you look over at him. he walks back to the kitchen and washes his hands. you tell him you weren't hungry. he walks into your view. "what?"

you repeat yourself. his heart falls.

he already knew you what you were going to say. he noticed you acting different. you had headaches all the time. you were getting agitated whenever he talked to you. you were skipping meals with him. he knew.

he walks over to you and crouches in front of you. he sets his hands on your knees. "what's going on?" he asks quietly. you look down and play with your hands. he holds them.

"why are you doing this?" you shake your head. he holds your chin for you to look at him.

"baby," he whispers. you feel tears in your eyes. you fall into his shoulder. he holds you tight. he picks you up and walks into the kitchen. he sets you on the counter. he doesn't let go.

you confess. you tell him what you're struggling with. all you want is to be comfortable in your own body. you were tired of hating what you saw.

he holds the back of your head as you cry in his shoulder. he looks at the ceiling and blinks fast. he didn't want to cry in front of you. he wanted to stay strong for you.

"you are beautiful," he says in your ear, rubbing the back of your head softly. "you don't need to do this."

you shake your head. you tell him it's too late to tell you that now. it's in your head now. you felt sick. you were unhealthy. it's a struggle to recover now.

"then let me help," he softly says. you cry harder in his shoulder. he holds you tighter. he kisses your head.

he helped you recover. he set up times to eat with you. he never pressured you into eating too much, but he never let you go without eating just a little bit. he bought foods you were scared of eating. he ate them with you. he facetimed you when he couldn't be there. he always talked about something else while you ate with him. you didn't want him to baby you. he knew that. knew it was hard for you. you knew he only wanted you to get better.

and you did.

for yourself.

——
request by @/jinsrealgf on twt