constellation - jjk

you walk hand in hand. your free hand was wrapped around his arm. he rubbed your knuckles with his thumb. late night walks were something you both did often. he couldn't sleep easily. you couldn't either. it helped you both.

he perked his head up when he spotted the playground. he smiled. "let's go swing."

you follow his eyes. you smile and nod. he runs with you to the set of swings. he sits down, pointing at the one next to him. "sit on this one," you laugh.

he smiles. you sit next to him. he holds your hand. he moves his feet back and forth, gently swinging himself. you do the same. you ask him if he knows how to swing.

he raises an eyebrow. "why do you ask?" you shrug. you tell him you never learned. he tilts his head. "really?" you nod.

he stands up behind you. he starts pushing you back and forth. you hold onto the chains and let him. you smile. he taught you how. he taught you how to move your legs back and forth. you look back at him. he winks. he sits back down.

he watches you swing. he couldn't help but smile like an idiot. everything you did. you were effortlessly beautiful. you slowed the swing down. you set your feet on the ground. he holds your hand again.

you stayed on the swings for a while. he stood up. he makes a face. "my ass hurts," you laugh.

he holds out his hand. you take it. he walks up the playground. he climbs the stairs to the slide. he sits down. you sit across from him. his legs closed you in. he held your hand, tracing its features.

you look at the stars. you looked around for every constellation you could find. you found space to be beautiful. everything about it was so fascinating. there was so much to explore. you point up at the sky when you notice the big dipper. you tell him.

"i see it baby,"

only he didn't.

he didn't give a shit about the stars.

he kept his eyes on you.

you were his constellation.