like the movies - pjm

you stand in the kitchen, putting away groceries. he walks in and sits at the counter. he watches you. you look up at him.

"hi," he says. you say hi back. he looks out the window behind you. "it's really coming down out there."

you turn around and watch the rain fall. it was a dark and cloudy day. you liked those days. you turn back around and nod. you put the last of the groceries away.

he gets off the chair and walks to you. you smile and wrap your arms around his neck. he kisses you.

"let's go out there," he gestures outside with his head. you raise and eyebrow. you tell him you don't wanna get sick. you didn't want him getting sick either.

"we won't get sick. we can take a shower when we come back in. be all warm. and cuddly," he hugs you. you laugh. you tell him he's crazy.

"we can dance with each other," you look at him. "like the movies."

you nod. he smiles big and kisses you. he takes your hand and pulls you out the front door. he runs into the street with you. no cars were out. no one was around. just the two of you.

he dances with you. spinning you around, dipping you down, picking you up, everything. you laugh with him. he watches you smile. he smiles.

he pulls you close after awhile. the rain never softens. you smile at him. he kisses you. you hold his face in your hand. he pulls you closer by your waist. you deepen the kiss. he mumbles against your lips. you smile.

he pulls away. "i'm gonna need to shower with you now," you throw your head back and laugh. he takes your hand and runs inside with you.

you get into the shower with him. hot water fell down your bodies. he held you close. something he always did. he kissed you. a passionate kiss. you kissed him back. he kisses down your neck. you angle your head. you wrap an arm around his shoulders. the other holding his arm. he kisses your lips again.

"i love you," he said against your lips. you kiss him, returning the i love you. he held your cheek.

"let me show you. how much i love you."