hesitate - ksj

he walked along the beach with you, swinging your hand back and forth with his. you smile at him. he looks to you. he smiles.

"i like this," he says, looking out at the ocean. you nod in agreement. you tell him it's beautiful.

he turns and looks at you. "very beautiful."

you look at your feet and smile to yourself. he laughs and rubs your hand with his thumb. you both continue to walk.

he moves his hand from yours to around your waist. you both stop walking. you turn your body towards him. he smiles down at you. you smile back.

he brings his hand to your cheek. he leans in, kissing you softly. you press a hand on his chest, the other around his neck. you kiss him back. he smiles against your lips. he pulls away. he rubs his thumb against your cheek.

"i would've chickened out if i hesitated," you laugh. he laughs with you. he kisses you again. you kissed him back. again.

thunder rolled across the sky. rain quickly came pouring down. you both pull away from each other. he grabs your hand. you sprint with him to the car. he opens the door for you and you get in. he runs to the drivers side and slides in.

he looks over at you. you both start laughing.

your clothes were soaked. as well as your hair. you began to shiver from the cold. he reaches behind you and grabbed a sweatshirt.

"put this on," he handed it to you. you ask if he wanted it instead. he shook his head. "as long as you're taken care of then i'm ok."

you smile and pull the sweatshirt over your head. he drives you home with your hand in his. he pulls into your driveway.

he looks at you. he holds your cheek and kisses you again.

"now i can't get enough," he mumbles against your lips. you rest your hand on the back of his neck. you pull him into you again.

you couldn't get enough either.

and you hoped it'd stay that way forever.