forever. with you. - jhs

he walks in the door and sets his stuff down. he lets out an exhausted sigh. you look over at him. he walks into the kitchen and comes back with a cup of water. he sees you sitting on the couch. he smiles.

"hi honey," he says. he sits down and kisses you quickly. you smile. you ask how work was.

"a long day," he answers. he sits at the edge of the couch. he rests his elbows on his knees and rubs his face. you put your hand under his shirt and run your fingers across his back. he leans forward more. you laugh.

"it feels good," he says. his head was in between his knees. his hands were touching the floor. you laugh at his almost inaudible reply. he slowly moves his head to lay in your lap. you lift his shirt up, revealing his bare back. you continue.

he draws circles on your leg with his thumb. you notice goosebumps on his arms. you run your fingers close to his sides. he jumps. "that tickles." you smile at the back of his head.

he sits up after a long time. his face was red from being upside down. he leans back in between the couch cushions. you look over at him. his eyes were already on you. you take your hand and run your fingers through his hair. he closes his eyes.

he sits with his eyes closed for awhile. you continued to play with his hair. he liked when you did. he falls aslee nearly everytime you do. you thought he was asleep. until he opened his eyes and looked at you. a fond smile came across his lips.

"i love you," he softly says.

you feel your heart start to race. you smile at him. you return the i love you. he rests his hand on your waist. you sit closer to him. he lays down on the couch. he holds you close to his side.

he feels your grip get looser. he smiles at the ceiling. that's how he knows you fell asleep. he kisses your hair. he falls asleep with you.

he was happy. he didn't mind having this forever. with you.