not ever - kth

you lay in bed, curled up in a ball. you kept having cold sweats. you were nauseous. you had a headache. your voice was gone. you were exhausted.

him being away didn't help much either.

he was busy. you know. but it's hard to be without him throughout the day. even though you see him all the time.

you closed your eyes, attempting to fall asleep. you shake in bed. you were so frustrated. you felt tears run down your face. you grabbed a blanket and sat in the bathroom in front of the toilet. you leaned your back against the wall and closed your eyes.

he came home early, knowing you were sick. he didn't like being away when you felt like this. he wanted to take care of you. it's what he was good at.

he walked into the bedroom and saw you not in bed. he checks the bathroom. he laughs softly when he finds you asleep on the floor. he kneels down and moves your hair out of your face. you shift under his touch.

"i'm here baby," he whispers. you open your eyes and look up at him. he holds out his arms. you slowly sit up. he picks you up with ease.

"do you want to stay here? or lay in bed?" you shake your head. you wanted to tell him it didn't matter. he was here. but you couldn't get it out. your throat refused to let you.

he holds back his smile as you try and talk. he found it cute. but he knew you were in pain. so he didn't say anything.

he sits down in bed with you next to him. he holds you on his chest. you throw the blanket on the floor and pull at your t-shirt. he helps you take it off. you breathe fast. he gets up quick and grabs a fan, setting it in front of you. you groan in pain.

he starts to walk out of the room. you grab his hand tight. you were weak, but you put as much strength as you could into pulling him back to you.

he gets into bed with no hesitation. he rubs your head. you close your eyes and lay on his chest. you tell him to stay. your frail voice didn't help much. but you wanted him to know.

"i'm right here," he kisses your head. you grip onto his shirt. "i'm not leaving."

"not now. not ever."