The Gummy Smile

While waiting for others, they looked around the suite. There was an outdoor swimming pool and a jacuzzi. A mini bar near the dining and they counted 4 bedrooms! Jisoo felt excited because they got to spend two weeks here. She giggled internally. Lisa was right, I am quite lucky.

"Should we start working?" Siyeon asked.

"Let's wait for Jennie first. She hasn't came yet." said Irene. It was as if Jennie could hear Irene, she suddenly appeared at the front door.

"Hi everyone! I hope this place is comfortable enough for us to work on the project." she said nonchalantly.

"It's more than we could expect." Irene said smiling, "Thank you!"

"It's way too comfortable. I am afraid we ended up having a party here instead." said Jun and the room bursted with laughter.

Jennie smiled back at Irene and ignored the others.

Ugh, she's so cocky! Jisoo thought to herself. She noticed that Jennie was only being friendly and polite to the seniors. She rarely answered when the group mates tried to talk to her. Jisoo was grateful that Irene was with them that she could tame this girl.

Jisoo felt Jennie's gaze on her. Jisoo noticed that her cold stare changed into annoyance when she looked at Jisoo. Wtf I do? I breathe and she's annoyed?? Jisoo stared back and gave Jennie an annoyance look too. Do you think you can be the only person annoyed here? Ha! Jennie was confused of how Jisoo reacted and she became more annoyed and pouted as she came towards them to join.

***

Jennie ordered room service for them to snack during the group discussion. They were discussing the business ideas when finally Irene spoke:

"It doesn't need to be something's difficult. The aim of this project is so that you can learn to work with people with different backgrounds." she said without turning her eyes away from her laptop. She was here to supervise, not to work with them for the project, that's why she was doing her homework instead.

"Right! Jisoo stop giving weird ideas!" said Jun teasingly to Jisoo.

Jisoo had already warmed up with her group mates, "What do you mean weird?"

"We can't build a rocket in two weeks, Jisoo. ffs!"

Everyone bursted into laughter. Jisoo laughed the loudest and she suddenly stopped when she saw Jennie was smiling too. It was the first time she saw Jennie's smile. She always thought that Jennie's smile would be mischievous and scary but actually she looked innocent and soft when she was smiling. Is that why she rarely smile? Because she looked like a different person right now.

They wrapped up the group discussion before dinner time and the only thing Jisoo could think of on her way home in the bus was Jennie's fluffy cheeks and gummy smile. Jisoo didn't realize that she was smiling all the time.

***