My name

It was already 6 PM. They were now driving back to Jennie's home. Jisoo stole a few glances at Jennie from the rearview mirror when they were at the traffic. She couldn't read her expression.

Jennie never liked the traffic, but today it felt serene. She felt peaceful. She tried to steal a glance at Jisoo using the rearview mirror, but she caught Jisoo was looking at her. She quickly turned her eyes away and pretended to be busy with her phone. She was blushing.

They didn't talk at all during the trip. Ugh why hasn't she say anything to me? That isn't very polite of her. Jennie suddenly felt annoyed. She had Jisoo here with her, but it felt like she was unreachable.

Is she still mad at her? Jennie's heart sank. She remembered what she said to Jisoo that day. 'We were never friends, I don't want you..'

She wanted to make it right, wanted to take it back, but does it even matter? Jennie said herself that it doesn't. And Jisoo had never contacted her since.

Maybe it doesn't matter to her too.

Jennie felt a lump in her throat.

"Damn this traffic," she let out her frustrations.

"Miss Kim, do you want me to turn on the music?" asked Jisoo.

"No." Jennie said with a heavy annoyance at Jisoo.

"Ok, Miss Kim." Jisoo said, confused.

"Stop calling me that!" Jennie said, she couldn't hold back.

"Excuse me, Miss Kim?" Jisoo didn't understand, what did she do so wrong that Jennie is now so annoyed?

"You know my name." Jennie finally said, her voice was softer.

Jisoo froze. She didn't know what to say. Jennie made it clear that they weren't friends and she was here as a driver.

"Jisoo, you know my name.." Jennie repeated again, there was desperation in her voice.

It took a while for Jisoo to answer, "Yes, Jennie."

And with that short answer, Jennie felt like the traffic was a best friend after all. It is indeed serene, she thought and she smiled.

                    ***
They had arrived at Jennie's home.

"Jennie, we're here already. Do you still need me today?" Jisoo asked.

Yes.

"No. I am not going anywhere tonight." Jennie said.

"Ok, uhm.. Good night.." Jisoo said hesitantly.

"Good night." Jennie replied, almost unheard as she went inside the house.

                    ***
As soon as she arrived home, Jisoo had her dinner. She waited nervously for a text from Uncle Seung-Oh whether she had been fired or not.

Beep, an incoming text message.

Jisoo instantly reached out for her phone. It's from Jennie

 It's from Jennie