Mistletoe and a Kiss

Jisoo didn't know how she ended up there

Jisoo didn't know how she ended up there. Under a mistletoe with a junior named Yeri. She never wanted attention from anyone, let alone at a Christmas party where everyone yelled 'kiss kiss kiss kiss...'

She stole a glance at Yeri, the girl was clearly unbothered with the crowd, in fact, Jisoo suspected that she enjoyed it. She looked flustered, but unlike herself, Yeri didn't looked panicked.

"Senior Jisoo... what should we do?" Yeri talked to her with a small voice, a supressed smile was glued on her face.

"We... should run." Jisoo squeaked.

"You can't run, Jisooooo~" Someone from the crowd was screaming. Jisoo cursed and was looking around in panic.

"Do it... do it... do it..."

The crowd was getting louder, someone nudged her closer to Yeri.

"Kiss... kiss... kiss..."

"THIS IS BULLSHIIIIT~"

Jisoo heard Soojoo's voice among the crowd.

"Free Jisoo..."

It was Taehyung.

"Jisoo, you're getting killed after this, trust me."

It was Lisa.

But the voice of the crowd overpowered her friends'.

"KISS... KISS... KISS..."

The crowd was getting louder, as much as Jisoo wanted to free herself, she couldn't find a way out.

"Jisoo unnie... maybe we can just..." Yeri tried to talk to her.

"No no no no..."

Jisoo closed her eyes, her fists were clenched hard. The crowd was getting even louder and she heard Soojoo was protesting somewhere.

All of the sudden, she felt a kiss landed on her cheek.

She froze. Fuck fuck fuck...

Wait, why does it feel familiar?

Still didn't want to open her eyes, Jisoo unclenced her fists. She prayed Jennie didn't see this, she could only imagine her reaction if she found out that another girl kissed her. Lisa was right, she would surely get murdered!

"Under a mistletoe. Kissing. Done! Now let us go!"

Why the voice sounds familiar?

Is it...

Jisoo opened her eyes, a hand grabbed her wrist and took her away from the crowd. She could hear the crowd yelling and cheering at the background. She looked back, there Yeri stood with a puzzled look. She then looked at the girl who grabbed her hand.

It was Jennie.

***

Jennie took her to the backyard, the only place that wasn't crowded. There she found a bench, she let go of Jisoo's wrist and sat there with her arms crossed. Jisoo swore she could see hot steam whiffing from her head.

Jisoo just stood there, didn't know what to do or say.

"Sit." Jennie ordered.

Jisoo sat on the bench.

"Jennie! You saved me!"

"Did I really?" Jennie replied cynically.

"They asked me and that girl to kiss under the mistletoe. I tried to run away, believe me, but they didn't allow me to-"

"So you were about to kiss Yeri if I wasn't there to save you??"

"No! I told her that we should run away!"

"She wanted a kiss from you! Oh my God, Jisoo! Everyone knows she likes you!"

"How do you know her? Even I just met her today."

"Remember about the girl that took your picture at Jeju?"

"No..."

Jennie let out a heavy sigh, "You're so ignorant. I feel bad for that girl."

"You kissed me again..." Jisoo said what was on her mind.

It felt good. Having Jennie's plump lips on her cheek felt good. Jisoo thought she could get use to it just alright.

Jennie's cheeks turned crimson from both anger and embarrassment, "I did it to save your dumb ass!"

"You like it... You've kissed me twice already," Jisoo was feeling giddy.

"Are you really teasing me right now? I'm currently mad at you!"

"But why?"

"Why? That girl almost kissed you!"

"I'm very disinterested with this topic." Jisoo faked a yawn.

"Nobody can kiss you!" Jennie didn't care, she wanted to make a point, "You hear me?"

"Except you?"

"Oh come on Jisoo, it was just a kiss on a cheek..." Jennie cleared her throat, "Have... have you ever... kissed?"

"Didn't you just kiss me?"

"No! I mean kiss like real kiss. Like... on the... lips."

Jisoo was choked, she was reminded of Jeju. It was just like this, they were outside, sitting on the bench.

She turned away from Jennie, embarrassed from the day she cowardly decided not to kiss her.

"Jisoo?"

"Uhm.. It's personal."

"Why is it personal???" Jennie was vexed.

"Why are you angry?"

"I'm not!" Jennie let it slide, "Ok fine. Then tell me now what you wanted to tell me!"

Jisoo's body was suddenly stiffened.

"Jisoo, I want to hear it... now..." Jennie's voice was now cotton candy soft, almost shy, "I... I don't want to wait anymore..."

Jisoo was still siting with her back on Jennie, trying to calm herself down.

After a while, Jisoo said, "Alright. Let's get out of here..."

There, Jennie's heart skipped a beat.

This is it, Jennie, she told herself.

It's finally here...

***